Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By jacksk Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:17 am
I just finished doing the Chopping Tutorial. I decided to do the "experiment" part of the tutorial with a sample that I chopped up. I then created a blank seq. of 8 bars of my chopped up sounds. Now, as you all know the seq. gets saved as a mid file. How can I now trim and further down chop that midi file that was created? :?:
Hopefully I explained this right...

By brainwashcloth Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:13 pm
well no you didnt really explain that like you have 2 bars in the middle of the 8 that you really like and want to trim the sequence to, or whatever you want to accomplish. the more exact you can be with questions, the more helpful we can be. anyways assuming you have a chunk of that 8 bars that you really like you can copy that to a new sequence by hitting f2 (edit) then f2 again (bars) now you select the 8bar sequence on your left and select which chunk you want by setting the start and end bars. then on the right select a diffnere empty sequence and how many copies you want and hit move or copy or do it or whatever the button is. now on the main screen simply switch to that new sequence and set the tempo to be the same as what you had before and you should be all set.

By jacksk Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:45 pm
brainwashcloth,

First off, thanks for the advicing me on how to post the question more directly. (newbie here) :o Second, Yeah this is what I was talking about. So let me play around with this part and read more of the manual/tutorials and forums grasp that knowledge you know what I mean...

Thanks

By brainwashcloth Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:12 pm
yeah then hit f2 twice and you should be able to figure it out from there.