Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By smimi-me Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:17 pm
Hey all. I had distortion issues with some of the outputs on my MPC2000xl (e.g. output 1 and 4 were distorted but 2 and 3 were fine), so I figured I'd swap the ICs (PCM 69) to see if they were the problem. Unfortunately I put one of the ICs in the wrong way around and now the outputs are all sending out an inaudibly low signal when playing a sound as well as a constant hum throughout. Obviously I tried putting the IC in the right way again but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could have messed up by putting the IC in the wrong way around? Is that specific IC just a goner by now?

On a related note, I'd heard the MPC2000xl can take the output expander of the S2000. Is that true? Could be a simple fix I guess :)
By smimi-me Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:10 pm
I only put 1 of them in backwards. You think it fried all 4 of them? I guess it did or otherwise the other outputs would still send signal ....
By smimi-me Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:47 pm
So is it possible other components were damaged as well ? Is that something a quick check with a multimeter will reveal?

Sorry for all my questions by the way, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to things like this (as you would've guessed I'm sure :))