Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By 08IWN Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:30 pm
Hi all,
Finally scored another 2000xl mcd and when I got the machine I noticed straight away that the jog wheel was not working or had no click. After some research on here I found the part and installed it today perfect it works problem sorted until my first play on the machine now able to navigate around load drums I was noticing the pads weren’t working when trying to load in drum 1. More research on here and I found the shift f5 to check pads and absolutely nothing on all. What to do now? I got the unit off reverb and the seller is being pretty good regarding refunds I would prefer to get the unit to work is there anything else I should test? Please help thanks in advance.
By NearTao Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:14 pm
You could try and reseat the ribbon cable that connects the pad sensors to the main board... depends on how much you want to dig around on the inside though.
By 08IWN Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:37 pm
Im happy to keep testing around. Just seems every step i go something else is wrong. can the Pad sensors just completely fail? is there any other way to test if a signal is going thorough without just buying a new sensor just want to make sure its that
By 08IWN Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:22 am
Hi All,
Updates to what i have done. Also HELP needed below. I have replaced the pads that seemed to be the issue but i did test all avenues before so i could make sure that was the problem. I tested the actual pad sensor with a multi meter to see if when touching a pad a signal would come through it did not on every pad.
I then rigged up a looped wire so i could test to see that the main board wasn't also bad. Using test screen and pad check i then put the loop wire on where the pad sensor ribbon connects to create a signal. The test screen for every pad then got connectivity giving me clarity that the main board was all good. This might help someone in the future to confirm pad sensors are gone and or the main board.

Next issue i noticed the post fader was not getting any signal so i purchased and replaced. signal now made and working but when i moved the slider i then heard a buzz noise coming from the power board. Oh Crap...

Anyone know what that may be or where to start hunting seems its coming from the hazard power section. i have removed the pot slider as that was the last thing we did still has a buzz noise. HELP HELP