Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Wallace Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 am
Hi all,

Appreciate any help here. After 5 or so years finally put a CF reader in the MPC 2kXL. Formatted the CF card in the MP. Then stuck it in the laptop card reader, dropped a bunch of folders of samples in there.

Put the CF card in the MP, can see the folders but cant open, some files are seen, like wavs, but wont load. etc.

Are there any conventions when dropping folders and data on a card for the MP? Used Zip drives forever and never had any issues, well i always sampled into the MP, ive never tried dropping in stuff from an outside source before like this.

any tips on this?
By J.D. Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 pm
Well,
first, the files must be supported, so 44.1kHz, 16 Bit wavefiles for example.
Also, With OS 1.20 you can only have one partition and the files should not habe more than 8 characters in their filename, because the MPC uses fat16.
Otherwise it should work.
For me, the 8 characters where the problem, after I renamed everything, I had no problems at all with files on my CF-Card.
By ap0c Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:59 pm
I had a similar problem once.

In my case the problem was that some of my sound files contained tags (like title, artist, album etc.) that messed up the folder structure on my CF card when I put it in the MPC.

I had to use the Software MP3Tag to clear the tags. Then I copied the files back to CF and put it in the MPC.