Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By lacosmusixx Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:36 pm
its been a long journey to source an scsi emulator for my mpc2000 classics that has a major issue with floppy drive, the famous "disk read error" message is haunting every time booting this machine via floppy, my floppy and drive is fresh, also using using gotek flashed with flash floppy, checking cable and it seems okay, next suspect is boot rom, flashed new boot rom with matched image sourced from

https://dbwbp.com/index.php/9-misc/37-synth-eprom-dumps

same result, floppy still a bonkers, always corrupting files when loading samples or copying os, fortunately i had syquest ezflyer that still has an 1.72 OS in it... so that single cartridge is my last resources to keep my MP alive,

curious about RaSCSI project i decided to try to build one, direct connecting raspberrypi 3b+ gpio to db25 with dupont cable, source bare metal OS version image from

http://retropc.net/gimons/rascsi_bm/index.html

and acquire apple .hda 100mb disk image from bluescsi project, my mpc manage to detect RaSCSI virtual device as SEAGATE 100mb drive. format, save, and delete, is working flawlessly, one thing i that stopped this luxurious storage feature for mpc2k is my floppy system, i can't copy my os without corrupting its structure to RaSCSI drive, so i cant boot from it.

maybe tomorrow i post a link to videos as a proof that RaSCSI is work in mpc2k even with only bare metal version and hardcore dupont cable ghetto connections.

cursing to my floppy all this 2 days wont make things better, but i would like to know if anyone interested and build one, maybe i need help from user here that has mpc2000 to share the disk image with os copied inside.

see you tomorrow it's 2.34am in indonesia....

cheers
By dsp Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 am
:popcorn: Interesting project !
A little late but I have a 2000 and an external SCSI CF reader.
Maybe I could try to image the boot floppy to that one if it could help.