Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Edgar Davey Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:02 am
Hey guys, so I was reading all the topics on this and still can't figure it out, so I hope you can help me.
I accidentally formated my CF card that came from MPC stuff that had samples on it. When trying to add samples from my PC ( yeah I make sure they are less than 8 characters long in name and folder, 441000 hz wav, 16 bit , stereo) , and when i try to load them on XL I get - WRONG FILE FORMAT error.
I tried every kind of sample and it's the same story.
Saving samples from mpc to card works fine.
Oh one more weird thing for some reason my file names chnage when i put the card in MPC
Like i named my sample file "test2" and on mp it shows as "tasp2".... Weird
By ap0c Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:57 pm
Hi Edgar

Seems like a tricky one…
Are you using sounds/samples from sample packs?
Did you use any software on your pc to convert your sounds to 16bit wav?
I usually use Xmedia Recode to make sure my sounds are in 16bit. Always worked for me.
Also, I‘ve had problems with Windows file tags in my samples before (like artist, title, album etc.) . Even one of them in can mess up your entire folder structure on your mpc.
You can get rid of them using Mp3Tag.

I hope this can help you.

peace
By Edgar Davey Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:38 pm
Like i said I did convert and double-checked every setting for conversion. In fact I tried both snd and wav. all files were converted correctly to the right bitrate and i know for sure they used to work on this machine. If the card would fail would it still be able to save and load samples normally if sampled from MPC itself? Because i tested and it works that way but not when i transfer from my pc