Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By end Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 am
I just got an MPC 2000xl off reverb with one of the internal SCSI drives (I think) that takes MS, SD, CF, and SM. It was working arguably fine, except for me not being able to load samples because it’d say “No [device] found !!” everytime I tried loading something from one of my other CF cards that works on one of my other samplers. I just got impatient with not being able to understand what I could do after getting help and looking up on the internet and now (after unknowingly trying to put in a CF card that doesn’t go fit in any CF slot I have on either sampler, both are new) the MPC tells me “Insert MPC 2000xl disk !” Is this an issue of a corrupted boot drive or something somehow? Because the seller didn’t give me a floppy drive, which it seems thats the only way to fix this, and I won’t be able to truly fix this until another 2 or so weeks which sucks.
By mr.mull Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:44 am
end wrote:I just got an MPC 2000xl off reverb with one of the internal SCSI drives (I think) that takes MS, SD, CF, and SM. It was working arguably fine, except for me not being able to load samples because it’d say “No [device] found !!” everytime I tried loading something from one of my other CF cards that works on one of my other samplers. I just got impatient with not being able to understand what I could do after getting help and looking up on the internet and now (after unknowingly trying to put in a CF card that doesn’t go fit in any CF slot I have on either sampler, both are new) the MPC tells me “Insert MPC 2000xl disk !” Is this an issue of a corrupted boot drive or something somehow? Because the seller didn’t give me a floppy drive, which it seems thats the only way to fix this, and I won’t be able to truly fix this until another 2 or so weeks which sucks.

hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem. i seem to be having the same one. :(