Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Leprozada Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:20 pm
Hi!

I was dwelling through posts in this forum to find some informations about why is not working but
after at least 6 hours of searching can't find anything that matches my problem.

So a while ago I recieved a literally brand new mpc 2000xl on my Bday. I got soo gassed because it's like in 'mint' condition, running perfectly. It have one problem tho. It seems like it doesn't see the card reader at all. I opened my MPC and I found which card reader it is.

Startech Card Drive/ IDE adapter (not hot swappable as it's not ATAPI)

https://business.currys.co.uk/catalogue ... lsrc=aw.ds

Im a laic in those electric stuff, so as every laic I opened mpc, disconnected card reader, tried to swap the cables, put together again and surprise surprise....
I achived nothing by doing this :WTF: .

Im not sure if it's the card reader itself, or maybe card have too much space(1gb). The problem is I don't have any internal memory in my MPC2000xl so to play with it I have to look for the alternative storage solution as mate got rid of perfectly working floppy drive :roll: .

I also think about giving up on card reader and get external/internal SCSI hard drive but as I read the forum it's not recommended due to noisiness.

I am sorry if there is a post on this forum with a solution to this problem but I did not find one.

Please help.

I will add that he did an upgrade of OS to 1.2 already.
By richie Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 am
I've never heard of a noise issue when installing or using a SCSI card reader on an XL.

"Not working" is not much information to go on at all.

I see that you stated that you installed it and swapped cables (for what purpose?) but no details regarding what you have actually tried when you turned on the XL.

You have not mentioned brand type of cards as well.