Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By icedbih Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:10 am
Here is my scenario, I apologize for length:

I am using an MPC2000 Classic (does not have 8-outs… only headphone and stereo out). I took a drum sample in FL Studio and made it completely mono, then sent it to my PreSonus 24C audio interface through USB-C connection. From the PreSonus output, I recorded/samples into my MPC in stereo mode (cable used: left and right 1/4” cables, both ways).

I then sent this audio out of the MPC, into the Presonus using the 1 and 2-ins (cable used: left and right 1/4” cables, both ways), then back into FL Studio using USB-C. When I look at the mixer track, the left and right volume is not the same.

Input 1 (left) and Input 2 (right) of the PreSonus have separate volume knobs, however, when I line them up perfectly at 12 o’clock my originally mono sample ends up louder in the right channel (at least according to the dB meter in FL Studio).

I am now left with two questions:

1) How do I figure out where the problem is?

2) What do you guys use for gear? I want to record sounds from my laptop into my MPC, make the beat in the MPC2000, then record all my sounds back into a DAW to mix and bounce to MP3/WAV.