Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By DJASWIFT73 Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:45 pm
My Mpc 2000 classic stopped loading my operating system dusk ( I was still using a floppy to load, because I sample fresh drums with every track I make, then I record a live mix thru sequencing : it saves time and computer space). At any rate, I couldn't find a SCSI2SD 5.2, so I got the 5.5. It plugs in externally just fine, but being that I can't get my 2000 to load, how do I go about getting it to load the operating system up? ( I have replaced both the ide cable and disk drive, and I even have another circuit board too, though I have not tried to swap it out( the scsi2sd gave me a code read of sr code, but I don't have a formatted micro sd card, herego I have another question as to that). I'm not entirely new to the Mpc as I purchased it used in 2006 from a customer in Sam Ash, but I've never had ANY issues with it until now, so I'm behind the curve on all of the floppy emulator / scsi talk. If you had the patience to read this bibliography (lol) maybe you can walk me through this ? I have the Scsi2sd 5.5 version. Thanks in advance.
By Harmoncj Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:17 am
wait so you still have a floppy in there? sometimes the disks start to go but if you keep trying it might load 1 out of 10 times and be ready to make a new boot disk when it does.

Other than that, I remember that the MPC can only load OS from SCSI that has been copied from internal floppy. I have no idea what thats the case but I remember it because I had the 2k open with both floppy and the new card reader just so I could copy it.