Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By funkman_doe Mon May 02, 2022 7:11 am
Sup gang

So I recently bought a cheap korg D888 multitrack for some loungroom Jams, I have 8outs hooked up and thought I had an understanding of it... apparently not. So iv chopped a break, spread the hits out on pads and have a jack running from each out to its respective input on the MT. Iv converterted the break to mono and each hit slaps out on its channel BUT they sound bounces from speaker to speaker depending on the hit? Iv tried panning and what not but it’s not working, What am I missing? I don’t recall having this issue 8 Out into an interface either
By Lampdog Mon May 02, 2022 6:45 pm
Some of your samples are stereo and some are mono. Figure out which is which.
Stereo samples will occupy 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8.
Mono samples will occupy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

By The Jackal Thu May 05, 2022 6:49 am
I was wondering why I'd sometimes get that 1/2, 3/4, etc., etc. when assigning samples to 8 outputs, must have overlooked that in the manual. I only use my MPC for drums and therefore keep everything in mono, but I sampled like, hundreds of drums into it over the course of a week or two, so there was obviously going to be a few samples I missed and forgot to sample in as mono...
By Lampdog Fri May 06, 2022 12:40 am
Yep, if it’s stereo you will ONLY see and ONLY have the option of choosing pairs of outs.