Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mcstravick415 Thu May 19, 2022 9:46 pm
Peace, I just installed a USB floppy emulator to my MPC2000 and formatted a USB drive with the software. In order to load samples from my computer I need the right software to access and load up the different partitions on my computer. I have a macbook with OS 10.15.7 (Catalina). This feels like a bit of a long shot as its a very specific software I need and apple products can be a bit of a headache at times with compatibility issues and what not. Any advice or input would be helpful. Just want to be able to easily access and load up a library of drums onto my MPC. Considering just buying a 1000 since the workaround on the mpc 2000 has costed me a lot of time and money.
Thanks!
By loose_t Thu May 26, 2022 5:41 pm
The 2000 is a beast! Your Mac can only see the first partition on the drive. Load your sounds from the computer on to the drive, transfer to MPC2000, then save to a different partition. Clear the first partition. Repeat. Only use the first partition for transferring to/from the computer. This method works for me, not as easy as later MPC's, but keeps you organized.