Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By enchilada Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:22 am
Hi all

I did a little searching but couldn't find an answer. I have a SCSI2SD V5.5 which I believe should draw power from the DB25 SCSI port of my MPC2000 Classic. If I plug it in with the USB cable plugged in then it works perfectly, but if try without then it doesn't recognize the drive.

With USB I can also see a little LED flashing when I access the drive but there is definitely no LED activity without the USB cable.

Has anyone else successfully used SCSI2SD V5.5 without a USB cable? I'm assuming it's not the SCSI fuse because I would have thought that would knock out the drive altogether.

Any help is appreciated :-D
By enchilada Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:16 am
Update on this in case anyone was curious. I put a multi on the original SCSI fuse and there was no continuity so I replaced it with a resettable fuse. Now it's sending power to the SCSI2SD and it's working without the USB cable.
By AMG Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:07 pm
enchilada wrote:Update on this in case anyone was curious. I put a multi on the original SCSI fuse and there was no continuity so I replaced it with a resettable fuse. Now it's sending power to the SCSI2SD and it's working without the USB cable.

Thanks. I was trying the same thing and I'm not getting any power fed to the SCSI2SD. Where did you get the fuse from?
By enchilada Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:50 pm
AMG wrote:Thanks. I was trying the same thing and I'm not getting any power fed to the SCSI2SD. Where did you get the fuse from?

Element 14. This is the one I've used
https://au.element14.com/littelfuse/ruef110/polyswitch-radial-1-1a/dp/1175844?CMP=e-email-sys-orderack-GLB

Pretty much any PPTC resettable fuse with around a 1A holding current and 2A trip current ill do the trick.