Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By HRB1221 Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:59 am
I'm having a strange issue with my MPC 2000xl. Whenever I try to switch between sequences when the MPC is playing the samples stop playing.

I have multiple Sequences saved. I can play each Sequence just fine. I am using the same Program with each Sequence and each Sequence contains the same tracks.

The problem occurs if I am on the Main Screen or the Next Sequence page or in Song Mode. Whenever I move between sequences when the sequencer is running the sound stops when the next sequence begins. I can see the sequencer is still running in the top right of the display next to "Now:" but no sound is coming out of the MPC.

Not only does the sound stop but the samples on the pads do not play at all. It's like the Program stops working. I can see that the Program is still loaded but no sounds play. I have to reload the Program to get the individual sequences to play again.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my Sequences or Programs or my MPC in general. I've tried looking at this forum for answers along with the manual and youtube videos. Does anyone know how to fix this?