Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Smokeychuck Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:08 pm
Hey guys, recently I purchased an 8 output expansion on eBay. I guess I didn’t do enough research before buying it (or got suckered by the lower than normal price). It turns out it is actually the board from a rackmount sampler! The 34 pin connector is not long enough and it didn’t come with any mounting brackets / mounting hardware! Just some useless mounting screws lmfao.

Anyway… 1/2 of me says I should just sell the 8 outs at cost and buy another one… the other half of me says **** it let’s install this ****!

So the **** it side of me is currently winning out and I ordered a 34 pin extension cable.

I figure I can probably make my own mounting brackets / mounting hardware but I would like to avoid jerry rigging this thing if possible.

So yeah, I’m here for two reasons:
1: does anybody happy to have spare mounting hardware? I will trade good, hard earned legal tenders for it!

2: does anyone have experience making their own mounting hardware? I imagine it’s very important that the 8 output expansion board does not make contact with the main PCB underneath it to avoid short circuiting something or creating some type of unwanted electrical connection between circuits on the two boards.

Or… if anyone wants to trade their 8 outs for my FX card lol mostly kidding about that

So yeah… anyone DIY their mounting hardware before? Any MPC-Forum horror stories? Let me know…

Pz

NEUF ONE