Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By BMF Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:57 pm
Hi there!
My old pad sensors were broken so i bought new ones from MPC Stuff. Now after installing, they feel a lot less senitive than the original ones...
Anyone with the same issue?

Cheers.
By Telefunky Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:20 pm
I recently replaced the pad sensors on a MPC4k, also by MPC Stuff.
Pads are super sensitive now (50% sensitivity would certainly work, if it could be dialed in)
Did you clean all the glue from the metal base before applying the new sheet ?
(in my case this was a horrible job) :WTF:

Is there a sensitivity pattern or are all pads equal in reaction ?

Maybe the flat cable doesn‘t sit deep enough in the connector to make full contact.
By elsongs Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:50 am
Yeah, my 2000XL was in storage for like 2 years and upon turning it on I found out a couple pads are dead. I just got a new pad sensor from MPCStuff last week and installed it. I did notice that I can't get very low velocities on it anymore. When I go to the PARAMS and assign the velocity to change the filter or tuning by pressing the OPEN WINDOW button, it shows you your velocity level for the assigned sound in real-time, and no matter how soft I hit it, I can't get velocity levels under around 30.

I guess my workaround is to use 16 LEVELS all the time when programming hi-hats...
By Telefunky Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:02 pm
Dunno midi routing of the 2000xl, but you may get the idea anyway:
let the pads drive midi out, plug midi out into PC/Mac midi in
have a software velocity scaler and send it‘s output back to MPC midi in
make your program react to that midi in

If it works, look for a hardware replacement of the PC/Mac.
(I expected to find some Arduino based stuff, but failed on quick search)
Commercial units do exist, which usually can do a lot more processing/routing, but are more expensive (for obvious reason).