Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By John Doobie Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:32 am
Hello

I recently acquired an MPC2000XL. And it needs to be said, after using all of the pre-Renaissance units, this is my favorite.
It is fully maxed out and I’ve installed a SCSI2SD cardreader. Very nice as it is hot-swappable, the SD partitions are readable by a PC and the MPC reads WAV-files. Excellent. However, the SCSI2SD I stole from my S1100. And it wants it back. Since SCSI2SD readers are impossible to find in Europe and they cost a fortune when you do find them, and since the 2KXL has an IDE connector, I’m looking into installing a CF IDE cardreader instead.
So my question is if I’ll get the same benefits with the CF cardreader. (Hot-swappable, compatible with PC, WAV drag n drop, …) and which cardreader is the best option? My MPC has OS 1.20. I think I need to look into getting CF cardreaders for Amiga, correct?

Thanksgiving
By Lampdog Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:02 am
You’ll want an atapi/ide drive.

IDE is how hard drives, CD-ROMs, etc. interface with your computer. ATAPI is a tunneling protocol (works inside of IDE) that enables Windows to control CD-ROMs and tape drives. ATAPI is NOT used for hard drives.

Atapi means it will be hot swappable also.

Os 120 and up can read wav and computer can see the partitions.

I have an atapi mcd on my 2kxl (Haven’t used my 2kxl in years).
By richie Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:26 am
John Doobie wrote:Hello
However, the SCSI2SD I stole from my S1100. And it wants it back.
Thanksgiving

The SCSI2SD supports daisy chaining. What this means in English is that you could install your S1100 back inside or to the back of your S1100 and then have a separate SCSI cable running to the back of your XL.

Set the SCSI2SD to use a specific SCSI ID for the XL and leave the other SCSI ID's you want reserved for the S1100. It works fine, you don't need to order another one.
By John Doobie Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Ah yes, but I’d like it to be seperate. Ideally though I’d have a simple CF or HD inside the S1100 and keep the SCSI2SD in the MPC. I don’t really need a hot swappable reader in the S1100. It has a floppy Gotek at the front. The SCSI2SD was installed internally. I also have still the old SCSI HD, which is still working but that thing is so noisy and basically 32 years old.
By Dan Jose Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:55 pm
What did you use as a bracket? I just bought my scsi2d Zulu from amigakit in the uk and I'm pretty lost on how to securely mount the thing in the mpc. Do you have any pics or suggestions?

Thanks,

D