Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Dan Jose Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:06 pm
What's up guys I'm back!

I sold my 2k classic a couple of years ago and couldn't resist and have returned with a 2kxl that I picked in mint condition for a bargain.

I've got a Zulu scsi2d to put in it and it's been difficult to sort of piece together what exactly it is I need to do to install it. I'm just waiting on my ribbon cables to arriveand I was wondering if there is anything in particular I need to do? Bouncing around different posts is getting kinda confusing.

This 2kxl is still running 1.14. I've read 1.14 works with larger partitions which sounds good to me as it saves me the hassle of trying to get 1.2 installed. I've also read that I have to have the 1.2 OS (but I still don't know why)

Can I just mount it, run it to the scsi port on the motherboard with my 50 pin ide cable and that's it? I've heard I need to flash the zuluscsi with new firmware but I don't even know if that is certain as I've also read it's plug and play?

Then I'm assuming I just format the sd card into a a few partitions on fat 32? If it's that simple is there a certain amount of partitions I need to do?

Any clarity from someone who's done this would be super appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan