Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By oceanstatekilla Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:13 pm
does any one have sny tips or a page dedicated to this topic. also is the eb16 worth having if u have a pro tool digi 001 , is it worth the 330 will it make my beats that much better

By oceanstatekilla Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:21 am
ANOTHER THING IS THE EB 16 WORTH HAVING IF U HAVE PRO TOOLS 001 SOMEBODY GET AT ME

By oceanstatekilla Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:22 am
ANOTHER THING IS THE EB 16 WORTH HAVING IF U HAVE PRO TOOLS 001 SOMEBODY GET AT ME

By lowestring Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:01 pm
Yes, it is worth it. I run a 001 and find the eb 16 incredibly helpful. First off, you can alter sounds at the source. If you waited to apply effects until you got to protools, you would have to export each sound to a separate channel. Dig what I'm sayin. With the eb 16, you can play with sounds and create a sequence and then go into the 001 on one channel, or two if you want to go stereo. also, the effects are great for live applications or if you don't always have access to your 001.

I don't know of any page dedicated to the eb 16. There isn't one on this site. I took a gamble and am very happy.

By itchyvinyl Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:36 pm
I don't think can't use the EB effects when using the 8 outs - only the stereo outs.
That makes it less useful with ProTools in my opinion.
Last edited by itchyvinyl on Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By jaemac21 Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:15 pm
Yes you can use it with the 8 outs, i do it all the time.

By itchyvinyl Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:26 pm
Damn, really? I must have misread or misunderstood the manual at some point. Sorry, I didn't mean to pass out bunk info.
I mainly use plugins for FX and haven't messed with the EB-16 too much at all, but maybe I will now.
Can you assign each effect to 1 channel? or can you just assign to stereo pairs?.......or do you assign to a stereo pair and then pan hard L or R to make it just on one channel? Gimmee some EB-16 tips.

By oceanstatekilla Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:27 pm
u can ony send 2 effevts out at one time , i hear that buying a rtas waves bundle for pro tools makes the eb16 not worth the cream , i am not purchasing this right now in the future i might pick one up , thanks for the insight and i will not be playing live , thats what vinyl is for

By lowestring Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:20 pm
What do mean "that's what vinyls for." If you're working live and not using your mpc, you may be overlooking something. Could you explain what you mean.