Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By trees Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:52 am
yo, i just bought my mpc used from a friend... when i turn it on the display is fine, but after a while it slowly gets dimmer and dimmer. :twisted: I have to leave it off for a few hours before it gets back to normal color. You can barely see it. Anyone know how to fix this??

ps. i know aobut the contrast (shift + jogwheel). thats not it

By trees Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:40 am
anyone.. ??
By blaqsoul Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:14 pm
How old is it?

What city & state are you in?

Normally when the screen starts to go that means replacement. If you are in the New York area I know of a good place to get repairs done, they're pretty quick & their work is solid.

By Kaymir Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:42 pm
repair? i thought you could buy some kind of foil for it?!!
By blaqsoul Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:57 pm
What kinda foil are you talking about? Are you referring to the contact foil under the drum pads?
:?

By trees Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:45 am
thanx for the reply. the machine was built in may 2001. I live in Miami, FL. do you have any idea how much this should cost to fix??

By Kaymir Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:47 pm
nope foil voor the screen..with time your screen will die (sad but true) but with some foil (cheap) it will look like new and your screen is clear again

dono ex wich foil someone?

By trees Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:09 am
if anyone could go into detail on how to fix this it would be dope.. mpc tutor??

By trees Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:57 am
dope ... thanks for the link.. But has anyone actually done this?? the website doesnt have specific instructions for the 2000, and im a bit hesitant about opening my machine up without proper instructions.

Byxxjeffroxx Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:18 am
how long is it ok to leave the mpc on b/c i use to have the regular 2000 not the xl and burned the screen out but I would leave that shit on overnight sometimes, dont do that with my xl just curious what the time limit is on leaving it on withought fukin up the screen

By elmacaco Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:19 am
being on is what wears out the screen. they have some sort of life expectancy.

Yes, I've replaced my el foil in my mpc 60.

THen again, I fix shit all the time for me and friends.

If you know how to use a soldering iron and aren't scared to use a screwdriver on your MPC and risk any damage you might do it isn't hard.

By Mddl Fngr Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:40 pm
I'm not sure if it works, but It won't hurt to try. I heard that if you get one of those goose neck DJ lamps and focus it on the screen you can see it clearly. Again, I'm not 100% on that, I smoke alot, I coulda been dream'n.

By Kaymir Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:27 pm
hahaha @ middle finger

but what is the time of use when that kind of failures begin to appear? by normal use? (dont let em on when i dont use it)