Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By DrumGunn Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:40 am
Hi, what is the best way to export the audio off finished songs?

Right now i have to record all my drum channels through the headphones output of the MPC straight into fl studio. One track at the time. I figured they only need 1 channel cause they are mono.

But the issue is i have to line the audio tracks up in FL studio again and i feel like it looses a little bit off that bounce that is in the hardware.

Let me know how you track out your stems into your DAW and still keep the bounce. Appreciate it.

MPC 2000btw
By Telefunky Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 pm
An 8-port output expansion would allow (aligned) exports in less steps... but it‘s rare, expensive and needs an 8-channel audio interface. An investment worth considering, though.

I don‘t have a 2k nor the manual at hand, but you might insert a 1 bar 1 click sequence before each track start, like the slate they use in film to sync audio and video.
Then you can use that click to align exported tracks in your DAW.
By DrumGunn Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:39 pm
Telefunky wrote:An 8-port output expansion would allow (aligned) exports in less steps... but it‘s rare, expensive and needs an 8-channel audio interface. An investment worth considering, though.

I don‘t have a 2k nor the manual at hand, but you might insert a 1 bar 1 click sequence before each track start, like the slate they use in film to sync audio and video.
Then you can use that click to align exported tracks in your DAW.

My MPC does not have 8 port expansion unfortunately. The 2000 is so old that im not really looking to do any modifications to it. I just rather keep it simple.

The click is not a bad idea, im gonna try it. But seems a little tedious to do that for every track.

Is there a way to separate each track to a unique sequence then play every sequence after each other like a song. That way it would be easy to line it up with the grid and cut it after every 8 bars or whatever,,
By DiffHop Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:06 pm
the easiest way imho, is to save ur beat to floppy (or usb if u got the emulator) then open ur beat project in the new akai mpc software (or Mpc beats which is the free version)

the hardest part is getting the beat off your floppy disk onto your computer. I just use a cheap usb floppy reader. does the trick for me
By richie Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:38 am
DiffHop wrote:the easiest way imho, is to save ur beat to floppy (or usb if u got the emulator) then open ur beat project in the new akai mpc software (or Mpc beats which is the free version)

the hardest part is getting the beat off your floppy disk onto your computer. I just use a cheap usb floppy reader. does the trick for me

While that isn't a bad suggestion, as we all have different ways we work. it sorta makes it pointless to even own a 2000 or make beats on it if all you're going to do is load the it on the mpc software on the computer.

The timing won't be the same and the sound won't be the same either.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:19 am
This

DiffHop wrote:the easiest way imho, is to save ur beat to floppy (or usb if u got the emulator) then open ur beat project in the new akai mpc software (or Mpc beats which is the free version)

…is not that.

DrumGunn wrote:Hi, what is the best way to export the audio off finished songs