Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Sirwillyus Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:49 pm
If anyone can easily answer this question, I thank you in advance.
I am unable to find a way to route the multiple effects to separate individual outputs.
In the effects mixer I can only assign all of the effects to one stereo output.
Is it possible to rout FX 1 to L/R, FX 2 to Individual 1/2, Reverb 1 to Individual 3/4 and Reverb 2 to Individual 5/6?
By Sirwillyus Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:58 pm
Lampdog wrote:1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 are the options given when a STEREO sample is used.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are the options given when a MONO sample is used.

Chapter 8, Mixer Functions, Pg 133

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/files/mpc-man ... manual.pdf

Lampdog, thanks.
What I am trying to figure out here is if I can route the 4 different effects (FX 1, FX2, Reverb1, and Reverb2 to seperate outputs. In the effects mixer I seem to have to choose one stereo output for all the effects to one bus. Can I send FX1 to R/L and FX2 to individual 1/2, Reverb1 to 3/4 and Reverb2 to 5/6?
By Sirwillyus Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:00 am
Lampdog wrote:Ok, let's try again, Pg 131-133 I think is your answer.
You have to go into STEREO, INDIV, FXSEND to assign what goes where.

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/files/mpc-manual/MPC2000XL_manual.pdf

I am starting to feel like the answer is no. While it is clear that the send routing is very flexible, the effects return is not. I am fearing that the return from all four of the effects is limited to sharing only one stereo return channel. I cannot return FX1 and FX2 to seperate outputs. There is only one stereo bus that combines all 4 available effects onto the same stereo effects return. Is this in fact a limitation?
By Telefunky Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:50 pm
It may be called a limitation from a technical pov, but the handling of (say) 4 separate send/process/return channels is a tough challenge in a live situation.
For recording it doesn‘t matter much: either individual outs to DAW or 4 repeats with each process written to it‘s own track (if that‘s what you‘re after).
Imho the internal fx are sufficient for most live situations, but at least 2 grades below current DAW or vintage outboard gear.