Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Nuqmatti Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:48 pm
I have tried with pc and mac, over ten different usb cables and with earlier version of utility soft. Nothing seems to work and my scsi2sd just won't connect. Can it be something that i haven't figured out or is it possible that my scsi2sd board is broke?
By EditLater Sat May 27, 2023 8:09 pm
Nuqmatti wrote:I have tried with pc and mac, over ten different usb cables and with earlier version of utility soft. Nothing seems to work and my scsi2sd just won't connect. Can it be something that i haven't figured out or is it possible that my scsi2sd board is broke?

Hello can you or someone please Help! I am trying to set up A SCSI2SD Zulu V6 rev 2022d card with my Akai s3000xl. I am using the scsi2sd-util6 I have installed the UsbDk driver and the dfu-util. I have tried all of the v6 firmware updates from codesrc.com and all I get is "Searching for bootloader". My USB cable is good. I've not been connecting the Usb cable until it starts searching, as per instructions . I've tried with the sampler on and off, But no Joy. If anybody has any insights I would much appreciate.
By EditLater Sun May 28, 2023 8:15 pm
WASKMUSIC wrote:You have either a SCSI2SD or a ZULUSCSI but not a combination. What is your device?

Well I feel pretty stupid! I bought the ZULU totally the wrong card. I have already sold the card but rabbit hole computers don't have them in stock for a least 3 months. Thanks for getting back to me.
By richie Sun May 28, 2023 10:44 pm
The Zulu works fine on the S3000XL.

It doesn't require any SCSI utility to setup.

The SCSI2SD doesn't require the use of a utility to use either, only if you want to set up multiple emulated drives.

If your S3000XL isn't detecting the Zulu, perhaps posting more information as to what you see on the screen would help.