Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By moomin Thu May 18, 2023 10:21 pm
Hello all! I recently bought an MPC 2000XL with the 8 output expansion. I tried to sample something using the analogue setting all was well but when I tried to changed to digital all I get is horrible digital glitched out/static sounds (nothing is connected). I have no idea if this is normal I kind of expected silence due to the lack input and i am worried that something is broken. Hope you can help!
By Telefunky Fri May 19, 2023 11:16 am
The digital input needs a clock signal (embedded in s/pdif data stream) to operate.
Without a clock i‘s either muted (what you expected) or random (what you experienced).
Connect it to another device (powered on) with digital output like CD/DVD/TV etc or a soundcard to check again.
By moomin Sat May 20, 2023 7:51 pm
Telefunky wrote:The digital input needs a clock signal (embedded in s/pdif data stream) to operate.
Without a clock i‘s either muted (what you expected) or random (what you experienced).
Connect it to another device (powered on) with digital output like CD/DVD/TV etc or a soundcard to check again.

Thanks so much, I would buy you a beer if I could! You have put my mind at rest! :worthy: What was very odd was that it was playing garbled samples which I had sampled earlier and deleted I took the memory out and it was somewhat better, so I have ordered some new ram just in case that was bad too.