Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By J_steel_tha_realest Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:35 pm
So I bought the MPC 2000 XL with the USB floppy emulator installed, but it didn’t come with a USB stick. I have a USB stick but I was wondering what I need to do. Just hold down the two buttons on the gotek like I read in the forums and let the USB drive format? after I do that will I be able to use it and save my sounds? Or do I have to format the usb and then load the operating system on to the USB to use it? Please help
By NearTao Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:02 pm
I've got the Gotek installed in my S950 and S1000, but not sure about the 2kxl specifics. Should just be a FAT32 format, and then you copy whatever disk images you want over. If you don't have disk images, try and search for MPC 2000xl .hfe, s950 .hfe, or similar and see if you can find some that you can copy over the USB. There is likely going to be specific file naming, so you might need to copy it over as 0000.hfe or something, but whoever sold it to you ought to have provided that information to you.
By J_steel_tha_realest Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:14 pm
Do I need to load the mpc 2000xl .bin file on the first partition so it boots the operating system off usb? Operating system is already installed on gotek drive. Can I just format my usb in my pc using ipcas floppy emulator and be ready to rock? Thanks
By richie Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:15 am
J_steel_tha_realest wrote:Do I need to load the mpc 2000xl .bin file on the first partition so it boots the operating system off usb? Operating system is already installed on gotek drive. Can I just format my usb in my pc using ipcas floppy emulator and be ready to rock? Thanks

There is no need to use a .bin file or anything, it's a floppy emulator. Just put your usb stick in the drive and treat it like a floppy disk.

If you're wanting more floppy images, you can download them online. Just use the site called google for Gotek floppy images.

Lastly, You need to remove that USB floppy emulator and do the right thing and get a SD or CF drive. Whomever sold you or told you to put one in your XL isn't a friend.