Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Kurt93 Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:35 pm
Hello Mpc Fam,
I still have the problem when i play a pad a few times it comes randomly a other sound with it or it sounds like the same sound but so much louder. Most of the time after 4-8 pushes on a pad.
I already cleaned the pad contacts in the mpc 2000.
The next problem is when i recorded a drum loop randomly comes a snare (as example) dat i never played.
It sucks and i cant work with this problems.
Maybe someone here can help me ??
:hmmm:
By Telefunky Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 pm
You cannot clean pad contacts in MPC, while pressure sensitive, they operate contactless.
(the resistance inside the pad sensor sheet changes by impact/pressure)
Replace the pad sensor sheet:
https://www.mpcstuff.com/pad-sensors-wi ... -akai-mpc/

hint: you have to remove the old sheet and all remains of glue on the ground plate before applying the new one.
You have exactly 1 attempt to position the replacement, it sticks like hell.
There‘s a video about the process. If you feel insecure, have someone with experience do it for you.
By Kurt93 Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:41 pm
Telefunky wrote:You cannot clean pad contacts in MPC, while pressure sensitive, they operate contactless.
Replace the pad sensor sheet:
https://www.mpcstuff.com/pad-sensors-wi ... -akai-mpc/

hint: you have to remove the old sheet and all remains of glue on the ground plate before applying the new one.
You have exactly 1 attempt to position the replacement, it sticks like hell.
There‘s a video about the process. If you feel insecure, have someone with experience do it for you.

Ok thanks !!!! Are u think its also a problem with the pad board if i record as example a 4 bars loop and it comes randomly other sounds to it ? But i mean realy randomly i can play the 4 bar loop as example 3 times and it comes after dat 2 times and it comes ... all randomly.
:hmmm:
By richie Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:40 am
Telefunky wrote:You cannot clean pad contacts in MPC, while pressure sensitive, they operate contactless.

You can clean the top of the pads to remove any residual debris or weird grease that populate after years of use.

I've mentioned in previous threads that doing that but also cleaning and reseating the pad sensor sheet helped resolve the same problem he's talking about.

But if that doesn't work then I agree, the next step is to come out of pocket and buy a new pad sensor sheet.
By Kurt93 Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:09 am
richie wrote:

You can clean the top of the pads to remove any residual debris or weird grease that populate after years of use.

I've mentioned in previous threads that doing that but also cleaning and reseating the pad sensor sheet helped resolve the same problem he's talking about.

But if that doesn't work then I agree, the next step is to come out of pocket and buy a new pad sensor sheet.

Ok thank you !!!
Yes i think i buy a new sensor pad because i opened the mpc now for 5 times haha :lol:
By Telefunky Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:12 pm
richie wrote:You can clean the top of the pads to remove any residual debris or weird grease that populate after years of use.

Yes, of course dirt and dust between sensor sheet and rubber pads influence the action.
I mainly wanted to point out the difference to keyboard beds with conductive rubber contacts.
Before I learned it on the MPC4K (which has the same sensor sheet) I assumed there was an electric contact between rubber pads and sheet. :WTF:
Btw I‘m very happy with the mpcstuff.com sensor sheet replacement. :smoker:
By richie Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:53 pm
Telefunky wrote:
richie wrote:Before I learned it on the MPC4K (which has the same sensor sheet) I assumed there was an electric contact between rubber pads and sheet. :WTF:
Btw I‘m very happy with the mpcstuff.com sensor sheet replacement. :smoker:

Oh damn, I guess you tried to lift it and ended up messing up the pad sensor sheet? If so, thats an expensive learning experience!
By Telefunky Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:01 pm
No, fortunately I didn‘t try that :mrgreen:
Since the pads had very low sensitivity I wanted to check, lifted the pad mat and saw the black sensor fields below.
In that moment I assumed the rounded pad bottoms were conductive rubber intended to make contact with the black fields... and wondered how that was supposed to work with those „corks“ I had read about... :hmmm:
Which triggered some research about how those things really work. :idea: