Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By The Jackal Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:10 am
What do you think are acceptable price ranges from base model to fully upgraded?

I have a 1000 w/jjOS on the way, so I think it's time to move on from the XL and so much of the online market is contaminated with price gauging that it's not a good frame of reference of where to start off. At some point you price yourself out because you're competing with some newer gear and you don't want it falling into the hands of flippers & lowballers either.

Some of those prices on Reverb & eBay for a 2000XL blow my mind; obviously a lot of them aren't selling at those prices, but it's crazy to see how many auctions are being "watched" or have the item in "19 people's carts", so someone is snatching these up.
By synaptyx Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:25 am
I got my MPC 2000XL for £800 - full RAM, fx board and 8x out board. I see even that price creeping skyward for less loaded 2000XLs. People on there trying to get £800 for MPC 5000s and 2500s and pushing £500 for MPC 1000s. idk, man. I'd collect those models if they were more reasonably priced. lol
MPC 4000 seems to be getting rare and there's no way I'll ever own the Linn models at the prices they go for. Man I'd love an MPC 3000!
The days of getting them cheap are long gone, sadly.
By dubsetter Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:45 pm
i think for a nearly fully upgraded 2000 xl ( ram an seperate outs)
i would go for 600-700.- euro.

those prices on ebay and reverb are hit and miss,
because most of them didn t sold for their overpriced range.
better to look on "ended auctions"
only my 5 cents.
By richie Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 pm
The Jackal wrote:Some of those prices on Reverb & eBay for a 2000XL blow my mind; obviously a lot of them aren't selling at those prices, but it's crazy to see how many auctions are being "watched" or have the item in "19 people's carts", so someone is snatching these up.

The fee structure on eBay and Reverb is why the prices are as high as they are. To give an example, you sell an item for $100 USD, you're walking away with a bit under $70. Now if you decide to get paid out through paypal, there is a separate fee there too.

Losing upwards of 30% on the dollar aint fun but perhaps it sheds perspective as to why shit is priced so high.
By richie Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:30 am
Lazarillo wrote:No one pays the full fees on eBay; you just wait for them to send the “80% off fees”offer before listing. Then on £100 sale you get like £96

That isn't how it works in the real world but sure, you're free to dream.
By synaptyx Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 am
richie wrote:
Lazarillo wrote:No one pays the full fees on eBay; you just wait for them to send the “80% off fees”offer before listing. Then on £100 sale you get like £96

That isn't how it works in the real world but sure, you're free to dream.
it is though.
I get these offers from eBay every two weeks. I never list anything without the 80% off listing fees offer. ‍
By richie Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:06 pm
synaptyx wrote:.
I get these offers from eBay every two weeks. I never list anything without the 80% off listing fees offer. ‍

They send those out to people that never really list anything.

If you want to wait around for an offer to list something, then kudos to you. The world is different when you sell on a regular basis.

Also, let me know how it works out for you when the buyer does a INAD on you,
By synaptyx Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:01 pm
richie wrote:
synaptyx wrote:.

They send those out to people that never really list anything.

If you want to wait around for an offer to list something, then kudos to you. The world is different when you sell on a regular basis.

Also, let me know how it works out for you when the buyer does a INAD on you,

Okay. I list stuff all the time. Like I said, I get these offers every two weeks, usual sometime on a Friday afternoon or evening. Have been on eBay since 2001, have 100% feedback on 1430 transactions. I’m sorry you’ve clearly had bad experiences, but they are not universal.