Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Sonic2 Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:09 am
When you use multiple programs on the MPC do you have to save every time that you record a new sequence? The problem that I am having is that when I record a sequence with a program and then change the program on a different track or in in program screen, the sequence will play the sound on the new program instead of the sound from the program that I recorded with. Thanks for the help in advance.

By kallback Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:54 am
uhh.. i cant follow you right now .. u have to assign the same sample sound in 2 programs (to use different params on the same sound) or use 2 sounds in diffrent programs on the same pad .. ??
By Lampdog Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:33 am
Sonic2 wrote:When you use multiple programs on the MPC do you have to save every time that you record a new sequence?

NO, but it doesn't hurt.

The problem that I am having is that when I record a sequence with a program and then change the program on a different track or in in program screen, the sequence will play the sound on the new program instead of the sound from the program that I recorded with. Thanks for the help in advance.

ie: seq1, trk1, drum1, record an instrument.

now, same seq, trk2, drum2 and record another instrument.

Once you record, DONT change the drum# on that track. That track will ALWAYS be looking for that drum# that you used to record with.

By kallback Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:09 am
Uhh, theres allways a possibillity to change the "drum#" -> program and its assigned sounds even after track rec.

... On every track in a seq ur able to change drum# on the fly(seq is running) to change ur sounds/loops if u have any assigned.

If you go to SAVE .MID the specific tracks', program sound is "locked/saved" in the lastest state for the track/seq used... and to be able to use the programs sound used in the seq, u have to save the PGMs too...(to load all **** up again after av power on/off session...)

Sorry -- I give up, im still not following this threads question.,. and cant right now be chrystal clear explaining this.... im still listening/learning tho' ! :)

By Sonic2 Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:13 pm
Sorry guys, in a nutshell the problem that I am having is that I don't know how to use multiple programs on my MPC. I know how to load them but I don't know how to use them recording.
By Lampdog Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:01 pm
Spend time reading and pushing buttons while going through
Chapter 7 Creating and Editing Programs. (xl manual)
By user01348957 Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:41 pm
I'm sure in the last 2 decades this has been worked out :lol: but I was wondering about the same thing and came across this post...
...so if anyone else has the same issue see page 13 of the manual:
"A maximum of up to 4 separate programs can be played simultaneously on the MPC2000XL."
So when you create or load up a program and go into programs it says "Please select a DRUM program to edit."
Well "DRUM1.. ..4" - this is where you can assign different programs to one of your four DRUM slots.
Then go back to the main screen and on a track by track basis you have in the bottom left "S:DRUM1" this can be changed to 1,2,3 or 4 to bring up a different program that you have assigned in the previous step.
By Lampdog Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:46 am
I think this wins “longest delayed reply”
or
“longest time from death back to life”
IDK, gotta come up with something catchy.