Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By vintage Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:54 am
I'm a newbie at this, but can anybody tell me how I can make my samples echoe, is there a way to loop the sample and then hit the pad and let it make an echoe effect ?

I tried everything and still can't figure it out ..

Thanks alot,

Vintage

By Dose Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:19 am
It's not a true echo but you can use the 16 levels function and assign the sample to be velocity sensitive. Just play the sample moving down the pads...

By elmacaco Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:47 am
damn, I never thought of that!

thanks.

By vintage Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:52 am
thanks for that bit of info: but isnt there a more advanced or professional to this ? I mean even my old Akai s01 could have this effect even in loop mode I could play a sample out ....

Any other suggestions ?

Thank you much,

Vinnie

By oraziodelcore Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:58 pm
Since the pads are pressure sensitive you can make echoes with them :

Just begin pressing hard , Looser & looser ..

Then you`ve simulated an echoe .

/
Orazio Del Core

By vintage Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:34 pm
Nice, I don't know what I would do without you guys ...

Thanks

Vinnie

By RonDu Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:59 pm
What I do is I play out the pattern on how I want it to echo. I then go into step edit where I can edit the velocity of each note. Lets say I want a note to echo 4 times fading out, I record it in real time then go to each note in step edit, and manually decrease the velocity of each note. I only wish I could pan each note the same way :( If there is a way, someone please let me know

By counterspace Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:03 pm
you could assign the same sound to two different pads and pan one to the left and one to the right and alternate between the two in your sequence.

By RonDu Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:14 pm
Damn it, Counter Space!!! You da man!!! Good lookin out!!!! *dapz* :D

By jaemac21 Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:37 pm
My trick is way better, what you do is loop the sample and then hit the 16 levels and use decay assign to pad. Now when you the pad hit it echoes and you can control how long it echoes by the different pads. Don't know if it works on long samples but short stabs, kicks and stuff like that it works great.

By RonDu Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:54 pm
hmmm... interesting

By vintage Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:44 pm
jaemac21 wrote:My trick is way better, what you do is loop the sample and then hit the 16 levels and use decay assign to pad. Now when you the pad hit it echoes and you can control how long it echoes by the different pads. Don't know if it works on long samples but short stabs, kicks and stuff like that it works great.

I'm going to try that, thank you

Vinnie