Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Bybarry Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:12 pm
I have a band who are trying to get the live songs together from an album we just finished and we want to use some of the samples from the album, live. There is a violin loop that we want to play in time with the music and we want our drummer to use his V Drums to trigger the loop from the MPC2000XL. I know how to get the sample on the AKAI drum pad but where do I go from here? Also, I managed to get a song together on the MPC and I want the drummer to start the song with a pad on his v drums. How do I do this? I am MIDI stupid by the way.
By dino Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:03 pm
Hi there,
I use a mpc with the roland spd20 to trigger the mpc. I'm still sorting it out myself but here are a few points that may help u out!

Your drummer could make up a kit on their V-drums that leaves a drum pad free to send a Midi message Start/Stop (check with the mpc manual) mind dont use that pad as a drum sound or your sequence will be interupted. To set this up you will have to assign the V-drum kit with the aproppiate midi note numbers/messages. The sequence/song can then contain the volin sample played back in what ever way you choose.

Hope that made some sense!!
Dino