Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By t Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:39 pm
if i want a sample to cut out when another sample comes in , what is the best way to do this? say i want a string sample to cut out when a bass sample comes in?

By brainwashcloth Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:00 pm
its under the program paramscreen. shift6 then f2 i think. highlite mono/note off/poly and hit open window.

By -{n8}- Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:41 am
These are two different samples on two different pads correct?

I don't think turning the poly off will help that at all (but maybe if the samples in question were being played from the same pad and overlapping each other).

Instead of turning poly off try changing your string sample’s mode to note off. Record it into the sequence again while letting go of the pad at the correct cut point. Then proceed to input your other bass sample in by recording it in or placing it in with step edit directly after the string sample cuts out (step edit might be easier especially when your dealing with precise timing)

Hope that was helpful,

1-0ne

By elmacaco Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:10 am
there is a way to do this on the 60....

I don't know the process, but it was used for hihats, closed cutting off an open hat.

it may even be called cutoff IIRC.
By en2 Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:33 pm
what do u do after u hit open window...

By Mddl Fngr Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:38 pm
brainwashcloth wrote:its under the program paramscreen. shift6 then f2 i think. highlite mono/note off/poly and hit open window.

Thats the way I'd do it. After you go to the overlap field and press open window as Brain mentioned, the screen gives you the option to assign one pad to mute another pad (two pads actually).

Thats the hi hat open/close feature Elmacaco spoke of.

By t Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:51 pm
can u explain the open/ closed hi hat thing

By Mddl Fngr Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:25 pm
On a real drum kit there's a pedal that open and close a hi hat. To simulate this effect you assign an open hi hat sample to one pad (lets say pad 9) and a closed hi hat sample on another pad (pad 10). You assign pad 10 to mute pad 9. Here's how you do it.

Go to Program screen (Shift+6) and set up pads as mentioned.
Press F2 to access the Parameter screen.
High light the Overlap: field and press Open Window.

A page appears with these fields:
Note: ----------------------
Mutes Off

Pad 10 (closed hi hat sample) would be placed in the first Note: field. Pad 9 (open hi hat sample) would be assigned to either of the bottom Note: fields.

By t Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:41 pm
nice one, i guess u can do this to make your samples cut off as well