Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By en2 Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:30 pm
made one of my first decent tracks tonight....I kinda want to put every song I work on, on one floppy...after Ive loaded in a different drum program and added a couple of samples to that drum program, how do I find out which sounds Ive used in the sequence so I know what to save on the floppy (to save space in a new condensed program file)?

also I was trying to sift through a couple of tracks in step edit mode and when I soloed the tracks I could hear the sounds that I had recorded, but when I was "stepping" through and trying to pinpoint specific sounds to edit in se mode, some sounds played and some just did not appear. I tried switching around in timing mode to find the sounds, but couldn't find them even though I could hear them in the complete recorded sequence...

dam Im confusing.

peace,

en2

By Mddl Fngr Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:46 pm
Are you sure you had the track solo'd? The only time I hear notes and don't see them in Step is when the notes being heard aren't on the track I'm editing.

When searching for notes to edit you don't have to adjust the quantize. You just hold the GO TO and press the > or < buttons next to it. That'll automatically go to the next event in that track.