Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
ByJACOB Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:54 pm
ive read in a few forums that akai is going out of business in the usa. im in the prcess of deciding either to get and mpc or logic. ive had 2 mpc's before. the 60, and the 2000. im considering going the computer route but like the fact that i know the mpc fairly well. however, if they are not going to be supported well in the us logic will be the better choice. thanxxxx for the help.

By TheHypeArchetype Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:35 pm
I'm pretty positive they are NOT going out of buisness. I talked to a reliable source, and it's all distro problems. That is to say Akai is in a state of limbo as far as finding a new distributor here in the US.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:13 pm
JACOB wrote:... if they are not going to be supported well in the us logic will be the better choice. .

Akai aren't famed for their support at the best of times, so the fact that they dont exist anymore probably wouldn't make a jot of difference! This is why we need sites like this :?

BTW, as said previously, Akai are fine, its their distribution that's gone up the duffer.

If you do go for Logic, make sure its the Mac version, as Logic dont support WIndows anymore - they got bought out by Apple...