Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By DJ2D Wed May 07, 2003 11:49 am
Hello,

Here's the deal: i've got an s950 connected via midi with the mpc2000xl, and i'd like to use the nv slider to do a filter sweep on one repeating note (ie a kick roll, made with note repeat function). I know how to do it with the internal low pass filter of the mpc, but i'd like to use the s950's filter as it sounds far better tha the mpc one. I can do it with long time samples on the s950, with filter enveloppes (during the playing of the sample, the filter has enough time to sweep), but on short samples how can i do it, using the nv slider (or something else...) ? Anyone an idea ?

By mpc3000 Wed May 07, 2003 11:55 am
NV slider does not transmit any midi data.

It can be done. Even if the S950's filter is responsive to incoming midi data you would need something to transmit it. Well, you could actually do with the MPC but you would have to manually enter the data in the step edit screens, once you figured exactly what to enter. At best, you might be able to assign the S950's filter to the mod wheel and enter mod wheel CC's in the MPC. At worst it could be all sysex data entry.

The S950's manaul should go into more detail about this.

By elmacaco Mon May 12, 2003 4:02 am
in the midi routing menu on my 60 3.10 you can assing the slider to any midi control change number. Are you sure the mpc 2000 can't?