Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By EntouRAJ Mon May 26, 2003 6:32 am
in the past week, my variation slider broke completely(well has become completely shot), I found two more things happening yesterday.....

1)there are all these lines on my mpc screen, where can i find new backlighting(if it is backlighting) or can i fix this myself in anyway.

2)also, i dunno why this happens, my zip drive makes the "loading up" noise for liek 10 minutes straight, it never did that before, and it gets somewhat annoying if the zip is in and your tryin to hear the music, any way to avoid this without having to pop the zip in/out every time?

thanks and please pray for my MPC
By Mddl Fngr Mon May 26, 2003 3:05 pm
Its a good idea to keep you Zip drive away from any magnetic fields, and it maybe a good idea to pop the disk out when its not in use. My Zip started to do that 'bout a week ago, when I moved it away from my speakers it stopped. I think I caught the problem in time (I got noid and stopped usin it) They say that it can kill your drive... and any zip you put in it. So keep it away from monitors, speakers, or anything magnetic.
By EntouRAJ Mon May 26, 2003 5:31 pm
the only thing its even near that might have magnetism is my mixer.....let me go and move that and see what happens. thanks

By jacksk Tue May 27, 2003 2:31 am
Kind of worried now...mine is in the middle of my MPC and my Turntable...So far I havent had any problems but...i rather here it from you guys first...Do you think this can cause a problem to my Zip Disk?

Thanks
By EntouRAJ Tue May 27, 2003 6:23 pm
thanks alot about all this info, mine doesn't really click though, it more does this......after it loads up the files, it just sounds like its on, kinda like a refrigerator running, it makes no noise but a background machine "on" type noise, no clicks, just it runs for a long period of time, longer than ever before. let me know if you have any other suggestions. thanks