Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By classic Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:26 pm
For some reason MIDI events dont show up in my step edit screen. SOmetimes they show up sometimes they dont its about 50/50. FOr some tracks i open up stepedit everything is fine. For others i open it up and nothing is there, but the track still plays MIDI events

Anybody had this problem before. Any Ideas???

class...

By mpc3000 Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:38 pm
Most commonly:

If you use just the STEP buttons (<and >) in step edit and have quantization set then the steps will jump over unquantized notes. To "step" to the next event, hold the GOTO and press the STEP buttons.

pp. 58 XL manual.

By classic Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:52 pm
mpc3000 wrote:Most commonly:

If you use just the STEP buttons (<and >) in step edit and have quantization set then the steps will jump over unquantized notes. To "step" to the next event, hold the GOTO and press the STEP buttons.

pp. 58 XL manual.

Thats probolly it, i dident know that, That explains why on some of the tracks it shows up(qunantized) and others it dosent(unquantized)

Good looking

class....

By Lampdog Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:58 pm
I've had that happen to me before, I turned off timing/quantize on the main menu and then go into step edit and you can step tick by tick. You'll find and see everything.

By BRAVO Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:51 pm
Lampdog wrote:I've had that happen to me before, I turned off timing/quantize on the main menu and then go into step edit and you can step tick by tick. You'll find and see everything.

Holding the GO TO button is the way to go

By classic Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:45 pm
mpc3000 wrote:Most commonly:
pp. 58 XL manual.

BRAVO wrote:Holding the GO TO button is the way to go

Thats a good look man, thats exaclty what it was, got everything working fine now, learn somthing new everyday

class..
By Dusty Snares Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:57 pm
Happen to me recently on the mpc60. I figured out that this can happen if you have your timing shifted earlier and later. Say you record something with no shift and then you turn the shift later 5 on another track you won't be able to see the notes on the track with no shift in step edit until you turn it back off but thats for the mpc60. Now for the 2000 if you shift earlier or later it also won't show up in step edit but its the shifted notes that don't show.