Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By Lampdog Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:07 pm
Get os 1.72 and load it up.

Addendum is a history of changes and ugrades, when you download zip file os's from akai they also have an addendum in it to let you know what has changed in the past and what is changing with the new os in the zip file.

By Kasper Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:16 pm
why can't you look it up in the manual yourself?
Lampdog ain't no damn maid
and if you have it in PDF, it lets you look at all the bookmarks ont he side, so you can just figure out which section its in.
DAMN SON!

By MalAkye79 Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:36 pm
so if i go to AKAIs site they should have new OSs for the MPC2000 classic?

By stryke Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:39 pm
I have aclassic also and i have no problem at all loading wavs.I know what your problem is also and it's been stated once but we'll see if you can get it by yourself first.

Latest o.s_____http://www.forat.com/service/index.htm

By MalAkye79 Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:36 pm
i have no shot of finding it by myself so ill just sample all my sounds but thanks for thet help.

By MalAkye79 Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:37 pm
Kasper wrote:why can't you look it up in the manual yourself?
Lampdog ain't no damn maid
and if you have it in PDF, it lets you look at all the bookmarks ont he side, so you can just figure out which section its in.
DAMN SON!

please shut the **** up lol. the board is to ask questions. i never asked him to do shit for me but to guide me. but thanks.

By Lampdog Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:39 am
I was trying to get you to think a little more.

I was trying to get you say to yourself "damn, maybe I need to download the latest os I can find on akai's site"

I was trying to get you say to yourself "maybe I should look for the latest os changes and/or history and maybe that can help me to understand this wav thing a little better".

But you didn't, don't give up and say "i have no shot of finding it by myself so ill just sample all my sounds but thanks for thet help."

You didn't even TRY to follow the advice given, cmon, give that advice a try.

This board is to ask questions, yes.
This board is to find answers and/or guides to answers, yes.
This board cannot "do" the legwork for you, that, has to come from you.

We all said basically the same thing so there might be some truth in it or something close to the truth. So try that out. 8)

By MalAkye79 Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:57 pm
i noticed i did have the most updated OS. i printed out some pages from the manual but im going to just read through the whole thing because im sure thers more then this one question that im going to want to know. i just figured it was as simple as puttin the wav on the zip disc since the one guy sayd why dont i just keep it as a wav. so i figured it was as simple as that. but imma look through the manual. il prolly print it out at work. my last comment was mostly sarcasm since i know when someone asks me a question i will tell them exactly how to do it but the previous response i got (not the one from you) wasnt needed.

i was looking for the OS changes but akais site seems to only have news on the 2000XL unless they have an archive section that i have to find.

but if you say its in the manual then i will find it since im gonna look through it all. Thanks for the kick in the azz lol

By stryke Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:11 pm
MalAkye79 wrote: i just figured it was as simple as puttin the wav on the zip disc since the one guy sayd why dont i just keep it as a wav. l

That's not exactly what i said but since you gave up and didn't read my first response closely i quess i will say it again MAKE SURE THEY ARE 16BIT/44100HZ.

By Kasper Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:28 pm
MalAkye79 wrote:please shut the **** up lol. the board is to ask questions. i never asked him to do **** for me but to guide me. but thanks.

ill give respect where its due
but with all due respect, you did ask him to tell you where it was in the manual
and once again, with all due respect
chill with the attitude bruh, and thats not a response- thats a request
Not saying that you did, but
I don't think anybody should come on to this site for internet hate
I hate internet hate
Peace travels.

By MalAkye79 Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:16 pm
im not hatin, believe me. i dont take this internet that serious. i just hate when people give snobby replies. and im not specificating anyone. i see a lot of post about "read the manual". now why is there a board here if everyone just says go read the manual. ya get me. im sure many read the manual and either dont see it the first time, or they read it and just dont get it. i have the manual just have to find the time to read it all. my main beef in this post was why teh program isnt working for me. thats all. as far as "MAKE SURE THEY ARE 16BIT/44100HZ. " i had it like that. still didnt work. i figured it had to be something mad simple but i guess its more. My last post to you was not right. so im sorry about that. as much as i dont take internet stuff serious is how much i hate when something is supposed to work and i cant get it to work lol. when something is mad simple and i get hints and read up and STILL cant get it to work. that pisses me off. so i just took it out on you. shouldnt have.

but im still workin on this here. hopefully i get it to work.

By stryke Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:12 am
Is your zip a scsi or parallel drive?
Is it terminated?
What channel is it on?
Did you format on the computer or mpc?
What format did you use?
Did you format at all?

Answer these questions and we'll go from there.

By MalAkye79 Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:07 am
Is your zip a scsi or parallel drive? it is scsi
Is it terminated? i dont know what that means
What channel is it on? i believe its channel 5
Did you format on the computer or mpc? formatted on PC since i bought the zip drive and disk used. (i have other zip disks that i can format in the MPC so i dont have to erase whats on the other disk.
What format did you use? PC im sure.
Did you format at all? see above.

i actually formatted another disk through the MPC but i never thought to try that one with the files i was converting.

By dmaxj Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:37 am
This is really as simple as it gets.

The MPC 2000(xl or classic) - will load .WAV that are 44.1 kHZ, 16 Bit.

If the .wav is NOT 44.1kHz, 16 bit then you will get an error when trying to load.

Find a sound converter that handles changing the bit depth AND sample frequency. AWAVE is good for Windows - not sure what is outta there for MAC...

By Lampdog Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:18 am
dmaxj wrote:The MPC 2000(xl or classic) - will load .WAV that are 44.1 kHZ, 16 Bit.

If the .wav is NOT 44.1kHz, 16 bit then you will get an error when trying to load.

Find a sound converter.

MAN, I FEEL STUPID, I didn't even stop to remember that.
Thanks for pointing that out. :oops: