Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By MalAkye79 Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:32 pm
hey i use a mac and MPC2000. i have a lot of wav samples on my mac that i want to convert to SND to use on my mpc. so i downloaded sound converter which does this. so i drop in my wav and switch to .SND. put it on a zip disk. then go to load the new SND file in my MPC and it gives me error messages. am i doing something wrong? should i be converting it to something else?

anyone on a mac use this program? or can someone with knowledge help me out.

By MalAkye79 Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:39 pm
mnh2410 wrote:make sure the file is not more than 8 character long. Also there is a mac program for the mpc.

Nicole

http://homepage.mac.com/seishu/ssworks/ ... maker.html

is that program only to make program files? or does that program convert audio files to .SND files tooo?

thanks for the character info. i will try that and post back later.

By mnh2410 Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:43 pm
Taken from the link i linked you to

"Features
• Read and write MPC2000(XL) & MPC3000".PGM" files.
• Play "SND","WAVE" and "AIFF" files.
• Audition sounds easily with file navigation window and virtual pads.
• Rename files or folders sequentially.
• Convert sound files, "WAVE" <-> "MPC-SND" <-> "AIFF".
• Import existing "PGM" file as a template. "

By MalAkye79 Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:55 pm
yeah i read that after i replied. im sorry about that. that program looks good. im going to try both. hopefully if i keep it under 8 characters ill be fine :) thanks again.

PS. do you use this program?

By Kasper Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:22 pm
I use that sucka too
It's dope
but i just figured out you have to save the sounds too cuz the program doesn't work without sounds
Oh Boy

By mnh2410 Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:27 pm
Kasper wrote:I use that sucka too
It's dope
but i just figured out you have to save the sounds too cuz the program doesn't work without sounds
Oh Boy

Yeah that should be obvious. It saves a pgm file that will tell the mpc were to put the sounds at. But if u dont Export the Program and Sounds then how can it load up sounds if they are no sounds. Thats how I look at it.

Nicole

By MalAkye79 Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:56 pm
everytime i convert a wav or somethign to .snd it wont load into my MPC2000. i dont know what else to do. keep getting error messages.

By stryke Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:04 pm
Why not keep the wavs. as wavs.?They'll load in the mpc as long as they're 16 bit 44100khz.

By MalAkye79 Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:51 pm
i thought you can only use WAVs on the XL. but if i can use it in the 2000 then that is good news. thanks a lot.

By Lampdog Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:34 am
You should check into the manual. It says so in there.

By MalAkye79 Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:32 am
well WAVs dont work. i tried didnt work. oh well.

By Lampdog Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:43 am
u sir, are NOT checking the manual, did you also check the latest addendums AND os's?

I KNOW your problem, and you are not doing all you can do to figure it out.

By MalAkye79 Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:55 pm
what else do i have to do? if i put a wav on a zip disk and it doesnt work, what can i do to make it work? From what i was told Wavs are supposed to work. i have the manual in PDF format. let me know the section name and ill go read up on it. but from what i was told in this post .wavs should just work.

PS. i dont know what or where the addendums are and i think i have the most updated OS for the MPC2000 Classic.