Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By MalAkye79 Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:38 am
dmaxj wrote:This is really as simple as it gets.

The MPC 2000(xl or classic) - will load .WAV that are 44.1 kHZ, 16 Bit.

If the .wav is NOT 44.1kHz, 16 bit then you will get an error when trying to load.

Find a sound converter that handles changing the bit depth AND sample frequency. AWAVE is good for Windows - not sure what is outta there for MAC...

the program that i was using named "sound converter" for mac has that setting as default. 44.1, 16bit. you can change it to many different settings but even using that setting doesnt work. i will definately double check once i get home again and re post but im 90% sure that those are the default settings.

PS. just say i didnt use those settings and i put a .Wav onto a zip. would the .wav show up and give me an error message? because i did put a .Wav on a zip and it wouldnt even show up in the MPC.

By Lampdog Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:03 pm
The mpc NEEDS those settings in order to read the wav file, the manual says so.

By MalAkye79 Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:35 pm
ok. like i said im 90% sure those were the settings and when i get home from work i will try again and then re post. i will also check my scsi drive settings.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:58 am
ok the prblem was in the converter. for some reason no matter what settings i used it wouldnt work when i converted to snd files. when i converted to wavs it worked. so i got it to work now. but of course i have another problem lol. my zip disk is 100 MB. i have 30 MB worth of sounds i want to put in. i got about 11 MBs in there and it keeps telling me i have no room for anymore. how can it say that when i should have about 89 MBs left. if it isnt one thing its another right.

PS. thanks to everyone who helped.

By Lampdog Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:39 am
How many files are on your zip?

No more than 512 files/entries on a single partition.

Make another partition and save more.

Partition, then format each partition, then you are ready to save to any partition.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:27 am
i only had the 1 partition. so im guessing i have to erase this disk and then partiition the disk then put the songs back on. actually i will partition another disk and put the rest on there.

thanks.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:47 am
ok so i formateed it into A-C. so i should have 3 partitions but when i bring up my disk on my iMac it shows me that my 100MB disk with 3 33mb partitons is jus tone 33mb disk. i will once again read through this section of the manual and google some stuff at work.

By pt3r Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:17 pm
Well it seems like your MAC can only see the first partition. So here's what you do, copy all your data on the first partition and then put the disk in your mpc, there you can transfer the data from the first partions to one of the 2 other partitions. Now you can free the first partition if you want to transfer more data from your mac to your MPC.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:30 pm
pt3r wrote:Well it seems like your MAC can only see the first partition. So here's what you do, copy all your data on the first partition and then put the disk in your mpc, there you can transfer the data from the first partions to one of the 2 other partitions. Now you can free the first partition if you want to transfer more data from your mac to your MPC.

ok. so ill have to put 1/3 of the files onto the first partition. then move then to another on the MPC. then put the next 1/3 on then move them. and again. ok. thats better then having to waste 3 zip disks. im going to read up to see how i can get my mac to read all 3 partitions.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:35 pm
im reading the manual now. im at the disk operation chapter. looking for how to transfer files through partitons. i dont see that though. i see how to create the partitions and hwo to create folders.

By stryke Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:52 pm
You won't find that in the manual.What you'll have to do is load them up on the mpc and the save them to the other partion.After you have them saved go back and erase them from the first one and then repeat until you fill the disk.I've always had the same problem with filling disk but i guess this is the only fix for this.

Peace.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 pm
stryke wrote:You won't find that in the manual.What you'll have to do is load them up on the mpc and the save them to the other partion.After you have them saved go back and erase them from the first one and then repeat until you fill the disk.I've always had the same problem with filling disk but i guess this is the only fix for this.

Peace.

so i have to load each sound into the MPC memory and then manually save them all to another partiton? i have about 1000 sounds lol. that would most def take crazy amount of time. i think i will just split them up onto 3 disks. thanks for that info though. saved me a lot of time sitting in front of the mac and MPC doing nothing. Thanks a lot.

By stryke Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:00 pm
No problem.I still have disk that have alot of room left on them but i guess that's the price we pay for owning the 2K. :lol:

Malakye,are you able to Format Fat16 on your mac?

Peace.

By MalAkye79 Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:08 pm
i think only fat32. im going to double check now. im also looking where i can buy zip disks cheap. besides ebay. craigslist surprisingly doesnt have much.

By stryke Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Ebay is probably your best bet.Don't mess with the drives on there though.People are askin' for 100 or more just because they say it's "for" the mpc. :lol: