Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

Re:

By sytrusze Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:24 pm
@ a_real_mc :

Hope i will never need this guide but i had to give you props for this one!!

ps. Laughed my **** ass of when i looked at your avatar, kept hearing that freakin cowbell over and over again in my head...thanks, lol
By BxJaze Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 am
having replaced the one on my 2000 classic, and then looking at this tutorial, this really isn't a tough process.....doing the classic took all of 5 minutes, from the time i unplugged it to the time i put the casing back on.

watching these pics and instructions step by step, i can't see this taking more than 10 minutes. if anything, the real b*tch for me was desoldering the worn fader post and soldering a new one.
By ntalec Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 pm
You are not going to find an off the shelf screen to work in the 2k/2kxl.
If it hasn't been manufactured to work with the MPC it's not going to pull off the necessary communication.

This is the reason we were so happy with the project from Envision and are awaiting the completion of the v2 screens.
By ntalec Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 pm
Jonkaille wrote:well, basically, a screen is a screen.
do you have the data sheet of the original screen ?
or technical informations about it ?

Not even close.
When Akai designed the screen they developed a proprietary screen that is use a nonstandard communication code.
This means a off the shelf display will never be able to work.
By three36ixx Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:31 am
I have a 2000XL. the screen is somewhat readable...but definitely needs replacing...would love to replace screen ASAP! can anyone help me get a new screen for my MPC???

also, I purchased it with modified scsi hard drive internally installed. swapping back the original floppy drive....but the jackass didn't leave me the power cable...suggestion on getting a female to female mini molex to power my floppy drive to the mother board?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 am
TUME TYSON wrote:Any replacement screen avaible for 2KXL? I found this site:http://www.bignoisempc.com/akai-mpc-2000-2000xl-lcd-display-screen-module/ but i live in europe so shippin may cost some extra taxes :/ has someone ordered screen from there?

He has no stock as they currently do not exist. No one knows when or if they are going to be available. If thy are eventually available I will most likely be able to obtain official stock for dispatch from the UK.
By doughnutSpaghetti Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 pm
Yeah, if my screen goes, I"m just buying another MPC. About as cheap as buying the screen.

Mine occasionally will get lines, but they go away. I've noticed it happens when it's hot in my studio. Almost always, but nothing when it's cool. I'm in Michigan, so getting hot is not very common.

I've been debating getting a 2500 (the 1000 is just to small for my taste) eventually, if screens never come available. Kinda sucks, I like my 2kxl and for what I do it's all I need.

MPCstuff seems to be working hard at making a new one. Just dumb Akai, won't do anything to help us out.
By JUKE 179r Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:10 am
I've tried both adding heat with a hair drier to the screen when it's on. I also tried cooling off with compressed air and cold nitrogen while the screen is on and the lines in the bloody screen are still there. Bummer!
By richie Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 am
Heat is definitely a reason why the screen gets lines. So what I do is wear all my ice when I'm making beats and the shit hasn't happened ever for me.