Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By envisionelec Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:58 am
The price will be set by the dealer, a well-known supplier to the MPC community.

My lead engineer suffered a major concussion (oops!) which pushed back our efforts 6 weeks. As of today, we determined the original manufacturer of the LCD chips. They are, indeed, a discontinued part and not made by Epson, Optrex or Sharp as previously assumed.

The next step is to integrate new technology with the old controller code and sprinkle in useful features like a wider viewing angle and a sunlight-readable LED back light. :)

The new displays will run much cooler due to the LED backlighting and will not suffer from heat related failures. Give your MPC new life - leave it on without worrying about the display!
Last edited by envisionelec on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By J2kxl Sun May 08, 2011 6:00 am
Hi anyone have this problem/solution? have new screen take it all apart but the ribbon connector to the main board is completely different to the one in this tutorial???. It's white and I can't figure out how to get it open. don't even know if it's gonna be compatible. Here are some pis some pics..

By J2kxl Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 am
Think this must have been a very old MP to have different system. I had to sell her anyway but someone will have this prob soon I'm sure. Peace.
By mosdman Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:41 pm
Good post man, but I think you're off on the $150 installation price in my area... .the local shop where I am will charge $100/hr and they want 3hrs for it so that's $300 to replace this screen.

So thanks for posting this up it will save people some good money