Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By a_real_mc Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:03 am
I am creating this guide in an attempt to help other MPC users understand exactly how the LCD screen is installed for a 2000XL, and also hoping to save you $150 bucks or more in installation charges. I have left out only the most basic steps (removing outer casing and bottom panel.) However if you do not already know how to perform those very simple steps, I do not suggest you attempt to replace your LCD screen. In any case, this IS NOT a very complicated procedure. Here we go...

Some of you may remember what my screen looked like...Basically, if your screen looks like this:
It is about time to replace it!

Before you begin, take note that you need to pay very close attention to any part you remove. You don't want to put anything back in the MPC the wrong way. So study the internal parts you remove to make sure they go back in correctly.

Here is what you will need to perform this: A regular sized phillips head screwdriver (that fits the external screws on the MPC), and a very small phillips head screwdriver to remove the actual LCD screen from the casing. That's all I used.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-After unplugging you MPC and removing the top and bottom casing, you should be looking at this:
Bottom

-Next, you need to remove the 2 screws in the upper part of the LCD casing, as well as the 2 screws holding the LCD screen's rotator:

Now, there are 2 other screws in the lower part of the LCD casing, but don't remove those yet.

-Flip the MPC over so that you are looking at the under portion...And you will see the Power Supply Board . It looks like this:

MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU'RE HANDS ARE CLEAN AND FREE OF ANY DAMPNESS, YOU DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH ANY OF THE BOARDS WITH LIQUIDS!

-You need to remove two sets of wires and 4 screws from the Power Supply Board in order to remove it. The wires are circled in red, the screws are circled in white:

-Now you can remove the entire board from the machine. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE POSITION OF ALL PARTS YOU REMOVE, THEY MUST GO BACK IN THE SAME WAY THEY CAME OUT!

When you remove the board, you'll see this:
Now remove that clear plastic layer to get to this:

Now you should be able to clearly see where the other end of the LCD wire and ribbon cable connect to. The wire is here:
The ribbon cable is here:

-To remove the wires, you need to CAREFULLY pull on the plastic connector end. Here is a tip, pull on both sides at the same time to avoid disconnecting the wires from the plastic end.

-To remove the ribbon cable, you need to loosen the black plastic piece which it is connected to. Pay attention to the direction the metal is facing. To loosen the clamps, you must pull up on these end pieces:

-Once you have diconnected both the wire and the ribbon cable, you will be able to pull the LCD screen itself and it will pull the wire and ribbon cable through the front of the MPC. Be gentle.

-Now that you have the LCD screen in hand, you can remove the other 2 screws in the lower part of the LCD screen case.

Now the LCD case will open and you will see the actual screen which you will be replacing. But in order to get the screen out, you will have to remove 4 tiny screws holding it in. They look like this:
And there is two more opposite of these.

Once you have removed those 4 screws, you can remove the old screen, and replace it with the new one. But first, bend the ribbon cable exactly
as the one was on the original LCD. Now screw the new one back into the LCD casing.

From this point, you are almost done, but you may want to test it before you put everything back together. So, reassemble the under part of the machine. Hook all wires you removed back into their proper places. Screw the Power Supply Board back in. You can now turn it on, as long as there is no static. (So don't do it on carpet) And now plug the MPC in, and give it a try. If you did it right, your screen should look like this:

If you messed up, it probably won't work at all. But if you followed my instructions EXACTLY
, it should work correctly.

If it worked, you are done. All you will have to do now is reassemble the machine. I'm not explaining reassembly...You should be able to handle that without pictures. Once it is all said and done, you have this:

And now you are finished replacing the LCD screen. I hope this helps some of you with this problem. There should be no more posts regarding the replacement of LCD screens for a 2000XL. Any questions you may have should be covered in this guide. Any additional questions can be answered in this thread, or by sending me a PM.

Now go make some beats BITCHES!!!! PEACE

- likewize
Last edited by a_real_mc on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

By a_real_mc Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:46 am
It will...I already discussed it with Tutor, I'm just waiting for him to do it...Thanks man...I'm just trying to help, because I wish I would have had something like this when I did mine...

By pt3r Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:21 am
Props! Very good explanation with clear pictures and everything. Nice work!

By SDS_MUSIC Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:04 am
Pure Awesomeness man. Thank you.

By Smoove03 Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:36 pm
good post, man.

By BeatznBooze Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:04 pm
damn, massive props.

By Pilchard Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:44 pm
I hope I never need this but thanks, excellent instructions and pics. :D

By Macros Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:26 pm
you did everyone a favour by posting this, now hopefully i never need to use it. thanks.

Byharlej Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:28 pm
It must have taken you a few hours to create this massive guide, what a sacrifice!

Good work man, thanks a lot.

By a_real_mc Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:37 pm
harlej wrote:It must have taken you a few hours to create this massive guide, what a sacrifice!

Good work man, thanks a lot.

Well...To get all the pics was all in the 40 mins it took me to replace the screen. And to make the guide, probably about an hour and a half. But it will be worth it if people use it. And I know for a fact the next person (from this site) that replaces their screen will be using it. I'm glad you guys like it...PEACE

By Jacpot Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:56 pm
Nice thanks :!: Kinda looks like my 8 outs tuturial anyone view it?? imma bump it up

By a_real_mc Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:14 am
What's up Tutor, you gonna sticky this or what?

By dopedee Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:04 am
thanks