Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JUKE 179r Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:02 pm
Sounds like a good idea to ventilate it.
By Star One Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:55 pm
Just how it comes out and opens up into two pieces makes it real easy to do. Slotting the top of the housing also really helps, just how heat travels. The way I did mine, it looks pretty awful. Which I don't care about. Can't get caught up in all of that. But you can defiantly make it look as nice as you want!

I've got 3 holes on either side of the front, cross drilled in the rear, and slots up top.

You could always buy an empty LCD housing, modify that. So when new screens come out, you can put the old one back on and not have a hacked together one if its a worry to you. But I would totally recommend it. Might not be an end all, but any bit to help. Then there is putting a small fan behind it if needing to take it further
By starfoxrocks Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:15 pm

This is how my screen looks.. its exhausting to look at constantly tilting it back to see different areas. I just dont have the cash to replace it. is there any DIY method to make it a little more readable. It looks like there are tiny cracks in the glass on the front of the screen. Could that be whats causing the color cast?
By distortedtekno Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:42 am
starfoxrocks wrote:Image

This is how my screen looks.. its exhausting to look at constantly tilting it back to see different areas. I just dont have the cash to replace it. is there any DIY method to make it a little more readable. It looks like there are tiny cracks in the glass on the front of the screen. Could that be whats causing the color cast?

That screen's toast. Nothing you can do with it.
By JUKE 179r Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:52 pm
starfoxrocks wrote:Image

replace that beeyotch....
By martel80 Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 pm
I've replaced mine with a mpcstuff lcd display and it went well.

The only 2 issue I had was the right screw that hold the lcd display to the mpc case ....that one was difficult to unscrew/loosen.

The other one was when I reassembled my mpc, one of the 2 screw inside my mpc for the 8 output card got stripped :(

It took me about 1h15 minute and that was my first experience.

Not so bad but a bit panicing I must admit.

I dont like to play inside of electronics.
By JUKE 179r Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 pm
JVC wrote:MPCstuff.com has started sell Version 2 LCD display for MPC-2000 and MPC-2000XL.
Did anyone here try this?

https://www.mpcstuff.com/mpc2000-lcd-sc.html

Read this about the MPC Stuff Screens we've discussed on the forums...
MPCSTUFF BLUE SCREEN FOR MPC2000 REVIEWS
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I've tried both adding heat with a hair drier to the screen when it's on. I also tried cooling off with compressed air and cold nitrogen while the screen is on and the lines in the bloody screen are still there. Bummer!

Heat causes the glue to separate from the back of the screen causing lines. Fixing it would require a new adhesive and pressure applied to the flex cable.
SimonInAustralia wrote:Looks like the common missing lines problem with these LCDs.

There is a flex cable connected to the LCD glass, from the PCB, possibly using some sort of anisotropic conductive adhesive. This seems to lose the connection with the LCD glass over time.

It is possible that it could be reattached with a combination of heat and pressure, but I don't think anyone has come up with a documented/proven method to do so, as in how much heat/pressure/time is required, and how to clamp it for pressure while heating it.

I found this info previously, in relation to how they commonly initially bond flex cable to glass with anisotropic conductive film in other non-MPC applications, no idea if this would be a good starting point in trying to repair a faulty MPC LCD glass to flex cable connection, or not, and whether this is similar adhesive to what is used in the MPC, or not...