Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By caliph8 Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:30 am
What's up peoples! :)

I just wanted to ask if anyone could help me out.

My electrician friend is fixing my busted 2000, he found that the resistors need to be replaced, but he can't seem to know what value it has since it's all eaten up by rust. :shock:

He needs a blueprint/diagram for reference to buy the necessary internal parts, especially the circuit board.

There's no Akai service center or support to help me, I'm way out here in the Philippines. That's why i'm resorting to this.

Let me know.

Thank you. :D

Caliph8

By JUKE 179r Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:16 am
Good luck bro. I've been trying to find the service manual with the schematics for awhile now.

By BrutusCooper Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Good luck bro. I've been trying to find the service manual with the schematics for awhile now.

AKAI is a bunch of sheisters when it comes down to genuine OEM tech help, as i discovered whence looking for a new LCD without paying through the nose for it.

By a_real_mc Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:57 pm
Is it an XL or classic?
By DJ AMBUSH Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:14 am
I have the schematics for the 2k and xl. They are printed out though.
holla at me

--DJ Ambush

By caliph8 Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:23 am
It's a 2000.

ey DJ Ambush, im really looking forward to that :D

thanks

By DJ AMBUSH Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:34 am
caliph8 wrote:It's a 2000.

ey DJ Ambush, im really looking forward to that :D

thanks

Hey im at work right now, ill go home and look for it.
they are on 11x17 paper so I will have to copy it and send them to you

I got them when I had to replace my screen.

ill hit you up

l8er

--DJ Ambush

ok

By DJ AMBUSH Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 am
anyone wanting the schematics, I have to figure out how to shrink them down from 11x17 to 8x11 so everyone can read them.

Please bare with me a lil.

Thanks

--DJ Ambush
By K-Mello Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:41 pm
caliph8 wrote:What's up peoples! :)

My electrician friend is fixing my busted 2000, he found that the resistors need to be replaced, but he can't seem to know what value it has since it's all eaten up by rust. :shock:

He needs a blueprint/diagram for reference to buy the necessary internal parts, especially the circuit board.

There's no Akai service center or support to help me, I'm way out here in the Philippines. That's why i'm resorting to this.

Let me know.

Caliph8

Dumb question and I haven't been on my electronics components game in some years, but is/are the resistor(s) so rusted that he can't read the bands that tell what the amount of resistance is? (And uh, what about an ohmmeter? You did say dude was an electrician, right? No way he's an electrician and he doesn't have an ohmmeter...) And if that's the case, how does he know its a resistor? And how the hell is your MPC rusty on the inside? (That one REALLY baffles me, unless you or someone wlse was trying to get that "Come Clean" water sound by submerging the MPC!)

Peace,
KM
By JUKE 179r Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:30 pm
DJ AMBUSH wrote:anyone wanting the schematics, I have to figure out how to shrink them down from 11x17 to 8x11 so everyone can read them.

Please bare with me a lil.

Thanks

--DJ Ambush

Hey Ambush... I hit you up on PM for the 2000xl schmatics. Thanks bro!
By caliph8 Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 am
K-Mello wrote:
caliph8 wrote:What's up peoples! :)

Let me know.

Caliph8

Dumb question and I haven't been on my electronics components game in some years, but is/are the resistor(s) so rusted that he can't read the bands that tell what the amount of resistance is? (And uh, what about an ohmmeter? You did say dude was an electrician, right? No way he's an electrician and he doesn't have an ohmmeter...) And if that's the case, how does he know its a resistor? And how the hell is your MPC rusty on the inside? (That one REALLY baffles me, unless you or someone wlse was trying to get that "Come Clean" water sound by submerging the MPC!)

Peace,
KM

No need to be an A$S kid.
The mainboard is mad rusted because the former owner's kids spilled some liquid stuff over it a couple of years back,
and I'm just trying to save the poor machine.
My electrician friend got no ohmeter, he asked for the schematics just to be sure with what he's dealing with. This is the 1st time he's encountered an mpc.
I suppose he's a pseudo-electrician then, cat got no ohmeter. :shock:

By JUKE 179r Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:31 am
I don't know too many people using just an ohmmeter for troubleshooting circuits... a multimeter perhaps. 8)
Just being a wise azz today...

By K-Mello Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:59 pm
No A$Ses here bruh.

Most, if not all, multimeters can measure resistance. I studied electronics a LONG time ago, and we did have instruments that just measured resistance back then, as well as voltage, current, etc. I would suspect that everything nowadays is multimeters though.

If your boy is an electrician, he should have a multimeter at the very least. We can argue about what the type of device is all you want, but he has to have a measurement tool. Now if you want to argue semantics, an electrician is someone who installs, maintains, repairs, etc ELECTRICAL devices. While the MPC does use electricity, it is an ELECTRONIC device, which requires a slightly different skill set than electrical work does. But that's your boy and your MPC - I hope you get it to work.

I'm glad you were able to save the machine from the prior owner. Things happen with kids I suppose, but it just means the owners have to be more careful and if things happen take care of them. I stopped giving PCs to some of my own fam because they couldn't do that. Good luck getting it working properly, and happy beat making!

Peace,
KM
By DJ AMBUSH Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I know this is an old post but I wanted to see who still needed the Classic 2k schematics?

I do not have the 2kxl or any others. I have the 2k classic.
I will scan them to PDF or just copy all 30 pages and send to you at your expense.

Let me know when you can.

Thanks

--DJ Ambush

By _Stilo_ Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:40 pm
I would be interested in a PDF, if you want to do the work of scanning it all. I don't own a 2k, but it's nice to have, and the more people have it the quicker you can pass it on if someone asks again. PM me for e-mail.