For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Danoc Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:59 am
Very nice setup. Im digging that for realz!
Lampdog wrote:Image

By Lampdog Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm
Smackdee wrote:Very clean and that Tape Deck tho :worthy:

Denon DN-T620, got it a few years ago, brand new, free, a company used it once and then it just sat in a warehouse.

Still have 100+ cassettes from 1980's I used when I was a teen. The Denon can adjust CD pitch and tape speed, I let it play everything at slowest speeds, sample into X and it's a lot smoother than digital pitching down.
By NearTao Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:30 am
Moved in and getting situated in the new place... clearly got too much stuff though... Gotta figure out what to purge :P

The Triton needs to stay for my daughter to practice piano (though maybe move it out?)... everybody says to keep the Voyager...

I think the short list is looking like:
* MPC 500
* OP-1
* OP-Z
* Microgranny

Then to consider
* Organelle
* some guitar pedals

By Lampdog Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:40 am
Voyager > Triton everyday all day. See about getting a Triton rack if you end up regretting it and you can trigger from existing kybds. Much less room than another kybd.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:47 am
agree slim that down man. looks like a NASA command center and I thought it was funny that it looks like your running everything in there off the 500....
I am going to slim down too when I move in a few weeks. Have you considered a multi effects box instead of a pedal board? You may have to go vintage but Im betting a h3000 knocks half those pedals out or close to. Maybe you don't mind all the stuff but I am really sick of just lugging around stuff. Just want a few pieces, my laptop MPC and asr...
By Danoc Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 am
Nice setup! I see no computer screen so you must arrange and setup song mode from the MPC?

NearTao wrote:Moved in and getting situated in the new place... clearly got too much stuff though... Gotta figure out what to purge :P

The Triton needs to stay for my daughter to practice piano (though maybe move it out?)... everybody says to keep the Voyager...

I think the short list is looking like:
* MPC 500
* OP-1
* OP-Z
* Microgranny

Then to consider
* Organelle
* some guitar pedals

By Monotremata Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:10 am
Bit messy but the 2021 version... Sucks you cant see my new fancy Ferrofish converter over on the right! Actually just got a new mixer today too, picked up a Soundcraft Spirit Studio 24. As soon as the guy opened his car and I saw it I went "Uh oh". Have no **** idea where its going to go. Its over a foot wider and like 10" deeper than my LX7-24 in that picture. Got the tape measure out right now hoping I can play Tetris this weekend and make it fit in here somehow.
By Monotremata Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Yeah I really love the spaceship looking setup, its so easy to mess with the synths/sampler on the left and the studio stuff on the right. I think Im going to have to get rid of my rack in the corner though. All the toys on top are going on a shelf on the wall, the modular Ill have to figure out where to put it, but the rest of that shelf is like my microphones, pedals and the bottom shelf has a milk crate full of cables. Probably put all that stuff up in the garage, get rid of the shelf and the Spirit is literally going to fill that entire corner up from the wall up to where my desk currently is. There is EXACTLY 46" of space between the wall and the farthest edge of my speaker stand and thats exactly how wide the Spirit is. If I push the mixer all the way back too, it should come out right about to the end of my desk. Going to move both racks to the right and use those to hold it up like I do now. I hope to god it works, the misses is kinda mad about the size of it but no way Im getting rid of it. Wanted one way too long and finally got one for cheap!
By dabmeister Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:34 pm
Monotremata wrote:I hope to god it works, the misses is kinda mad about the size of it, but no way I'm getting rid of it. Wanted one way too long and finally got one for cheap!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Monotremata Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:55 pm
dabmeister wrote:
Monotremata wrote:I hope to god it works, the misses is kinda mad about the size of it, but no way I'm getting rid of it. Wanted one way too long and finally got one for cheap!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah she's still not too thrilled but last night I think I figured out where its going to go so shes not so mad anymore haha. Finally saw the inside of it last night and now I know why its so huge compared to the newer 24.. This thing IS modular, every channel is its own board. Gotta open it up and check to see if they snipped the resistors on each channel to make the tape sends +4, if not I got some work to do before I set it all up this weekend. Found all the service docs last night too so now I know what I have to do to keep the power supply from eventually blowing up too. Found some third party replacements too just in case, these things will eventually at some point blow because they under spec'd the bridge rectifiers along with a single resistor in there that burns up because its only 1/4w and needs to be 1/2w.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:49 am
Really nice desk. Some serious work can get done there!
By Monotremata Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:40 pm
Ajax wrote:Image

Finally got my desk...Now, I just need to put some work in..

I can only imagine what Fugazi would've sounded like if Ian and Guy had gotten ahold of an ASR-10 hah.