For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Lampdog Wed May 12, 2021 4:13 pm
NearTao wrote:Eurorack requires a lot of deep breathing exercises to make sure you have the patience...

Yeah that's what I've heard. I'll never do it, interesting though.
By dabmeister Sat May 15, 2021 10:44 pm

Brand spank'n NEW! Plastic never undone, nor the tape peeled off the wrapping plastic. It was sold as an "open box item". Great deal made...I'm satisfied. EXCITED to see what it can do to some tracks too.
By Lampdog Sun May 16, 2021 5:32 am
A serious come up, congrats.
By dabmeister Sun May 16, 2021 6:14 am
Lampdog wrote:A serious come up, congrats.

Thanks Lamp! However, after further inspection, I found the right upper corner located at the rack mounting hole, is slightly damaged. I contacted the seller and left a message with SSL about this. I can live with it, but I'm more concerned if whatever happened will affect the performance of the unit. I'll post a pic in the a.m.
By dabmeister Mon May 17, 2021 3:28 pm

SSL just sent me an email asking for proof of purchase. Now it's a wait and see scenario... :lol:
By dabmeister Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 pm
NearTao wrote:Man... that's annoying!

Yup! Now I gotta fix it myself because SSL said it wasn't purchased through one of their resellers. No problem, I've got a remedy to correct it.

I should have recommended to the seller to use FedEx/UPS instead of that bumb a$$ postal service, wasn't thinking.
By dabmeister Tue May 18, 2021 11:25 pm

Recording rack no.2, waiting on the cables to get here for the Fusion. So far, I don't see any recognizable internal damage, just cosmetic. Like I said, "I can live with it".
By dabmeister Wed May 19, 2021 3:08 am
NearTao wrote:Racked I can’t tell… nice rack by the way…

Thanks Tao! My mission is to take source material and send it to the Fusion. From there it will go to the SD recorder. I figure I'd get some serious mixes laid. I also see I'll need to add some patching capabilities so I can expand my routing options.
By NearTao Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 am
A patch bay should get you squared away for changing routes quickly without having to get to the back of the rack all the time. Any reason you have not gotten one into the mix yet?
By dabmeister Wed May 19, 2021 12:55 pm
NearTao wrote:A patch bay should get you squared away for changing routes quickly without having to get to the back of the rack all the time. Any reason you have not gotten one into the mix yet?

I actually own a patch bay, just never spent the time to route and connect my gear...being lazy :lol:

But I want to upgrade to a decent set of patch bays which I've checked out not that long ago...two 48 point half normal bays should work.
By Koekepan Sat May 29, 2021 5:18 pm
Man.

So many cribs.

So many cool cribs, and I don't think I spotted a single Beat Thang among all the pictures that survived so far.

Is that the sound of a Beat Kang I hear crying?
By Lampdog Sat May 29, 2021 5:37 pm
The internet will never be nice to a posted crib with a beat thang.
It’s just the way it is.
By DokBrown Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:06 am
THIS platform is dated & cannot host pics.

what’s simplest way to post pics ?
I have an old mediafire account

BTW – I thought the BEATTHANG was a great intro to sampling/beats. Like the arturia SPARK, it was a valid niche tool. If u already had 2-3 samplers, the BT was not for u. i’d take that any day over the Volca sample or even the new ROLAND MV.