For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Danoc Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:23 am
Well here's my new setup, with a new addition. My badazz powerful computer , Thermaltake. Built by myself. The lay out is much better than begore and easier to touch everything. I love it.

By loose_t Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:16 pm
Looks very functional so great for actually getting things done. Where's the MPC?
By loose_t Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:16 pm
Anyone else rocking a "Studio B"? Way more fun than Studio A :lol: The MPC2000 is about to get an EB16 - The FX card no one really likes but people are trying to get $500 for them on ebay/reverb. Don't think they're getting any takers tho.
By Danoc Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:31 am
loose_t wrote:Looks very functional so great for actually getting things done. Where's the MPC?

:shock: Did you ask where's the MPC?
:Sigh:
I got rid of that over a year ago. I've out grown it, Akai is not going the direction lm going so l cut them loose.
Everything l ever wanted is in my new computer.
By Danoc Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:35 am
If l were you l wouldn't get the optional effects for the 2000. Its old technology and it really doesn't sound well.

loose_t wrote:Anyone else rocking a "Studio B"? Way more fun than Studio A :lol: The MPC2000 is about to get an EB16 - The FX card no one really likes but people are trying to get $500 for them on ebay/reverb. Don't think they're getting any takers tho.
By peterpiper Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:25 am
loose_t wrote:Anyone else rocking a "Studio B"? Way more fun than Studio A :lol: The MPC2000 is about to get an EB16 - The FX card no one really likes but people are trying to get $500 for them on ebay/reverb. Don't think they're getting any takers tho.

I got the EB16 and I like it. Bought it for 100€ and IMO this was a fair price for what it does. I mean you get more filter options (4 Band filter with modulation so you can make wahwah sound), reverb/echo (yes most of the VST reverbs today kill this mofo but it's inside the MPC). I never really used the distortion and RingModulation cause I never need it. PitchShifting (I made a sound demo of this on soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/pp0815/eb16-pitchshift-demo

peace
By Christov Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:50 am
loose_t wrote:Image

Love it, the simplicty of it is really inspiring.
By loose_t Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:29 pm
Danoc wrote:
loose_t wrote:Looks very functional so great for actually getting things done. Where's the MPC?

:shock: Did you ask where's the MPC?
:Sigh:
I got rid of that over a year ago. I've out grown it, Akai is not going the direction lm going so l cut them loose.
Everything l ever wanted is in my new computer.

I get that. Fitting an MPC into a software set up can actually slow your workflow. I still love the older hardware units tho, just seeing one makes me want to make a beat lol. Sometimes they then make it into pro tools, other times its just for jamming.
By loose_t Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:55 pm
Danoc wrote:If l were you l wouldn't get the optional effects for the 2000. Its old technology and it really doesn't sound well.

You may be right, and from what I've read, most users would agree with you. I'm not expecting pristine FX. My real motivation for getting the EB16 is to keep it just MPC+TT. No mixer/rack/cables. Just a stack of 45's.
This is gonna be my Studio B/ therapeutic beat making area where I keep it minimal and pretend to be DJ Shadow in 1993 lol

peterpiper wrote:I got the EB16 and I like it. Bought it for 100€ and IMO this was a fair price for what it does. I mean you get more filter options (4 Band filter with modulation so you can make wahwah sound), reverb/echo (yes most of the VST reverbs today kill this mofo but it's inside the MPC). I never really used the distortion and RingModulation cause I never need it. PitchShifting (I made a sound demo of this on soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/pp0815/eb16-pitchshift-demo

peace

Thanks, that pitch shift actually sounds decent on the lead guitar sound IMO.
I read the manual for the EB16 and was surprised that its actually way more versatile/customizable than the FX in the 1000/2500, so I'm looking forward to digging in. If I'm not into it I can put it on Reverb for more than I got the MPC for :lol:

Christov wrote:Love it, the simplicty of it is really inspiring.

Cheers! That's the idea :)
By Danoc Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:51 am
I still love the MPC2000XL it's just old technology all around. It served its purpose.
Hey man l hear ya enjoy yourself.
I was like that just seeing one l get hyed and ready to go lol :lol:

I rock with my LPD8 sitting on top of my midi keyboard perfectly and lm gone !!!!
I have all the power l need tp do what l want. I some of the badest VSTs on the planet so lm good.

loose_t wrote:
I get that. Fitting an MPC into a software set up can actually slow your workflow. I still love the older hardware units tho, just seeing one makes me want to make a beat lol. Sometimes they then make it into pro tools, other times its just for jamming.
By Ultros Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:56 pm
You all have nice clean areas.

I need a corner desk.. so I can just turn the chair to the next device.

Don't worry about the garbage on the floor..

By Danoc Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:23 pm
Nice set Ultros, I see you! :smoker:

Ultros wrote:You all have nice clean areas.

I need a corner desk.. so I can just turn the chair to the next device.

Don't worry about the garbage on the floor..

By loose_t Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 pm
NearTao wrote:Spending some time getting everything hooked back up again. Close, but not quite there...

Sweet. What’s the Akai unit on top of the S900?