For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Classicmpclover Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:17 am
Anybody Remember This Kid Who Had The Dope "Sampling Mondays" Series On Youtube: He made a Comeback Made Me Break Back Out My MPC:
Here Is Some Of His Classics:
: Sampling Smokey Robinson On The Mpc 2000xl
: The Temptations Rolling Stone Flip On The MPC
By Menco Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm

MP on the MP. Great series in which Marco Polo talks about different beats and techniques.

Another great series, this one is from NPR. There are also episodes with Premier, Just Blaze and Salaam Remi.

This is more of a music technical breakdown, explaining why this song works. Many lessons can be learned watching this video, even if you only understand half of what this dude is saying.

I don't think there are a lot techno heads here on this forum, and neither am I. But watching music production videos from other genres can spark some good new and interesting ideas. Notice how Bloody Mary's setup is organised. Most important sound engines/ sound designing tools on the left of the room, sequencer/ laptop on the right, and mixing board in the middle. She owns her setup and doesn't have to waste too much time on thinking or looking for stuff. She stays in her flow pushing buttons and twisting knobs, exactly knowing what every push and twist does.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:38 pm
I had an RY10 back in '93 I think it was, had it midi'd to a Roland R-8 at the time.
I LOVED that thing.