For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By peterpiper Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 am
Marley Marl recreating "Eric B is president"

To be honest, I really have respect for this man because of the classics he provided to us but I didn't liked the "recreating Mama said knock you out" video and this here is even worse IMO. The bassline sounds ...... :? the part about ghostnotes is ......:shock:
I'll have to listen to the original a few times to get over this vid. :(

peace
By starcrusher Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:15 am
peterpiper wrote:To be honest, I really have respect for this man because of the classics he provided to us but I didn't liked the "recreating Mama said knock you out" video and this here is even worse IMO. The bassline sounds ...... :? the part about ghostnotes is ......:shock:
I'll have to listen to the original a few times to get over this vid. :(

peace

yeah peter i feel you on this .. it's just like REALLY simple shit, and some bull haha. but i mean, what do you expect .. it's a DUBSPOT video lol, we're not going to see any trade secrets here .. still it's an entertaining video imo. he's just trying to make a buck here :lol:
By Clint Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:23 am
Sean Toure smashes Michael Jackson's BEAT IT with the MPC2000 Classic in this episode of 'Behind the Beat'. The MPC action kicks in from 8.30 to 10.30.

By jibber Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:49 pm
jnorth wrote:UK legend Braintax in the studio using an MPC2000XL and an ASR-10

This is great! Any idea if the track we hear at the end of the video was ever released?
By Clint Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 pm
Don't often see live finger drumming on the MPC60, some seem to think the old girl isn't as capable as her more nimble offspring, so here it is.

TAURUS GRIMM hooks up a dope camera angle to show what he can do with an MPC60II in this short, but dope video clip.

DJ ELYES cooks sumthin' up from scratch using vinyl and a nice MPC3000LE, Ensoniq MR61 for bass, melody and percission. Tracked into Pro Tools (6:21).

More from DJ ELYES on the MPC3000LE, this time using a Yamaha Motif For bass and melody (5:01)

This time DJ ELYES cuts up some reggae on the MPC3000LE, dont see that too often (3:48).

By Clint Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 pm
If you just post a link a description of who and what we can expect is not asking much, like a TV channel it helps people decide what to watch and what to skip. Edit the previous post with some info, much appreciated.