For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By JUKE 179r Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:35 am
For some reason the black pads are a damn dust magnet and are hard as hell to keep clean.
I end up sticking my MPC in a Hefty plastic bin liner to keep it covered when not in use.
By condra Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:23 pm
Thanks for the cleaning tips. My XL arrived today and the MF who previously owned it must have liked his fast food. Thing is caked with grease and grime. Not impressed.
By xibalba1875 Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:42 pm
lady speed stick keeps it clean, fresh and dry.

or if it needs a deep cleansing then ill take a douche to it.
By LANDOE Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:43 am
dstruction wrote:i keep my MPC dirty and grimey

JUKE 179r wrote:For some reason the black pads are a damn dust magnet and are hard as hell to keep clean.
I end up sticking my MPC in a Hefty plastic bin liner to keep it covered when not in use.

BEFORE (when i 1st got it fresh out the box)

AFTER (bout a year later...added black pads and data jog wheel)
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:38 pm
When I opened my 500, I noticed trails of dust bunnies and dirt on the rubber padding and bottom plate. I used those minature vacuums for computers to clean it. Dirty pads can be be cleaned by hand or a toothbrush with dishwashing liquid and warm water. For sticky buttons, there's a spray cleaner for electronics that you can get at any hardware store at the electrical section. Not those air dust cleaners like Dust Off, this product deep cleans cables, the chips, the in and output slots, everything. Can't tell you a specific brand because I buy those no-frills cans that just says ''Electrical Device Cleaner'' it looks like a can of WD-40. After spraying let the equipment dry awhile before plugging it in.
By fader-pro Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:39 pm
Put it in the bathtub with lukewarm water and baby shampoo. If you keep it plugged in and turned on everything will be OK.
By MPC 4 ME Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:32 pm
LANDOE wrote:
dstruction wrote:i keep my MPC dirty and grimey

JUKE 179r wrote:For some reason the black pads are a damn dust magnet and are hard as hell to keep clean.

BEFORE (when i 1st got it fresh out the box)

AFTER (bout a year later...added black pads and data jog wheel)

you take pictures of your gear first before using it? ???